Sunshine, ocean breeze, surf, & RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IBTripping

Saw this on Facebook. Probably not the best way to enjoy the ocean from an RV.

Attachments

• TT stuck in surf ocean.jpg
    TT stuck in surf ocean.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 83
Great picture, I'm sure that was an O ***** moment.  Wonder if he saved it? 
It'll be for sale, 'Roof never has leaked, guaranteed'

SpencerPJ said:
Great picture, I'm sure that was an O ***** moment.  Wonder if he saved it? 
It'll be for sale, 'Roof never has leaked, guaranteed'

Probably did not save it. It looks like the tide is going out because the beach is all wet. I wonder if that hitch held up when they pulled on the truck to get it out.

Evidently it is fairly common.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1CAEAQE_enUS897&sxsrf=ALeKk03fwXwhLGHoxTG-Oxb-REYAWA0p9A:1590065864249&source=univ&tbm=isch&q=rv+stuck+in+ocean&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjY54f4gMXpAhXjdd8KHYjnBqEQ7Al6BAgIECw&biw=1242&bih=595

In their case, I think they have left it a bit late for advice
:(

I?m a bit lost for words.  Why is it allowed?  Don?t people understand tides and rogue waves?  Is there no warning signs?  So many questions.

Pugapooh said:
I?m a bit lost for words.  Why is it allowed?  Don?t people understand tides and rogue waves?  Is there no warning signs?  So many questions.

Because it's the God given right of all Americans to do something stupid so it can get posted the Internet.

Seriously, Oceano Dunes SRVA here in San Luis Obispo CA, attracts thousands of people and their sands buggies, cars. trucks, trailers and motorhomes most every weekend. It's the last place left in California where you are allowed to drive on the beach. Many of the pictures in tha Google image search are from there, and there is a thriving business in towing people out of their mess for hundreds of dollars. AAA won't do it. :)
This Offerup page shows a small subset of the miles of beach camping. Woe to the newbie that parks on the wet sand at low tide, not realizing the the dry sand is above high tide.

https://offerup.com/item/detail/505167853/

Back
Top Bottom