back up camera

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vectra 04

John  my monitor does not show picture but I do have sound . How do you test the monitor. I

Is the screen completely dark like it has no power? Can you see any raster when you turn up the brightness? My original cam is still good but I replaced the monitor with a Voyager from RVCams.com as the Sony is no longer available.

Have you tried popping the dash cover off and checking for loose cable(s)?  Been a while since I've been in there, but as I recall there is a box that combines the backup camera feed with the TripTek info which then goes to the display.  Lots of cables that could come loose.

Also, there are 3 inputs on the monitor but only one is used, so you could try moving the cable to another port and see if anything changes.

Just hate to see you spend for another monitor if it's just a loose connection.

Vectra 04 said:
Monitor is white on one side and black on other half , have sound and contrast.
Chances are the display is bad. I took mine apart a few years ago when it broke, I found a part number on the panel. Found a new display panel on Ebay (China) and sure enough that was the fix. The fly in the ointment is the panel was about $150, I was taking a chance on my diagnosis. I do not have the TripTek module so I have no idea if that could be part of the problem.

Rvcams.com can fix you up with a new Voyager monitor and an adapter for the Sony camera to the Voyager.

Thanks for the help. I am going thru Missouri so Colaw will have a replacement .

Back
Top Bottom