rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: where did the water go.  (Read 468 times)

sscottab

• ---
where did the water go.
« on: May 25, 2020, 05:21:54 PM »
from a previous post about traveling with or with out water i did travel with water now for the next question (trying to do 1 question per thread) we got to the camp ground and got set up leveled, power hook up, sewer hose to short with starter box so bought a 20 ft extension now it reaches, and water hooked up with a pressure reducer as recommended. i noticed when we got there the fresh water tank read full and since we where hooked up to park water never turned on the pump but i checked all the levels through out the weekend and noticed fresh water dropped to 2/3 and checked again today when we got home and now reads 1/3 tank and looked under the tt at the tank and is defently down and i could not find a leak any where and no evedance of a water leak or broken line so where did it go.

skydivemark

• ---
Re: where did the water go.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 08:01:23 PM »
Make & model of your rig might help.
 The only thing that pops to mind is a long shot but if the pump is not and has not been used and you're sure there's absolutely no leak, maybe shore water is somehow siphoning the tank. As I said - It's a long shot and not very likely but as others will attest - RV's through the years have had some weird problems.
 How do you fill the tank? from the same connection you hook up to use shore water? or is it a separate connection/port?
2015 Thor Four Winds 31L
Clermont, FL

lynnmor

• ---
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2020, 09:23:08 PM »
You are either running the pump, having a puddle under the trailer, filling the belly with water or your gauge is faulty (a frequent issue).

sscottab

• ---
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2020, 05:05:38 AM »
i have a 2020 forest river gray wolf 22rr toy hauler and there are 2 ports one for fresh water and one for city water and the gauge looks to be correct when crawling under the rv and inspecting the tank you can see the water level has dropped, tank is white semi clear plastic so able to see level.

sscottab

• ---
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2020, 05:08:45 AM »
the pump controls are on the panel with all other switches next to the hot water heater and will light up when on, switch has been off the whole trip.

Lynx0849

• ---
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2020, 01:00:32 PM »
Are there valves that need adjusting depending on use of fresh water tank vs city water?
Rob & Deryl, Nettle & Tigger
Clyde, a 2015 RAM 3500 Cummins Longhorn SRW w/ARE cap
14 V nose utility trailer as mini toy hauler (for now)
A Grand Design 337RLS in the future.
N1ICB (Nursing 1 Ice Cold Beer)
N1SPA (up to my neck in hot water, as always)

sscottab

• ---
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2020, 07:27:53 PM »
i do not know of any valves the port for the fresh water is seperate from the city water port. i have no owners manual to look through they must have got lost at the dealership and i didnt know to ask when we bought it.

Garyi

• ---
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2020, 07:51:07 PM »
Sounds like there is a bypass valve somewhere that is allowing the tank water to be siphoned out of tank by the city water pressure.