where did the water go.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sscottab

from a previous post about traveling with or with out water i did travel with water now for the next question (trying to do 1 question per thread) we got to the camp ground and got set up leveled, power hook up, sewer hose to short with starter box so bought a 20 ft extension now it reaches, and water hooked up with a pressure reducer as recommended. i noticed when we got there the fresh water tank read full and since we where hooked up to park water never turned on the pump but i checked all the levels through out the weekend and noticed fresh water dropped to 2/3 and checked again today when we got home and now reads 1/3 tank and looked under the tt at the tank and is defently down and i could not find a leak any where and no evedance of a water leak or broken line so where did it go.

Make & model of your rig might help.
The only thing that pops to mind is a long shot but if the pump is not and has not been used and you're sure there's absolutely no leak, maybe shore water is somehow siphoning the tank. As I said - It's a long shot and not very likely but as others will attest - RV's through the years have had some weird problems.
How do you fill the tank? from the same connection you hook up to use shore water? or is it a separate connection/port?

You are either running the pump, having a puddle under the trailer, filling the belly with water or your gauge is faulty (a frequent issue).

i have a 2020 forest river gray wolf 22rr toy hauler and there are 2 ports one for fresh water and one for city water and the gauge looks to be correct when crawling under the rv and inspecting the tank you can see the water level has dropped, tank is white semi clear plastic so able to see level.

the pump controls are on the panel with all other switches next to the hot water heater and will light up when on, switch has been off the whole trip.

i do not know of any valves the port for the fresh water is seperate from the city water port. i have no owners manual to look through they must have got lost at the dealership and i didnt know to ask when we bought it.

Sounds like there is a bypass valve somewhere that is allowing the tank water to be siphoned out of tank by the city water pressure.

Back
Top Bottom