Dish pay as you go

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Robert K

I dropped my dish account after 20 years back in March.
I have a tailgater and a 211 reciever we used in the motorhome for traveling.
Can I sign up for the pay as you go with these or would I need a new reciever. I couldn't find this on the website @dish.
If we ever get back to traveling we might use it then

.... additionally, watch your bill like a hawk. I signed for the DISH Outdoor Program ... within 6 months,  I noticed DISH added a $7 monthly charge after they told me it would be $80 a month for the next year.  $7 was for my receiver ... even though I owed it and they didn?t provide any additional value like replacement or repair ... the rep just told me it?s a new charge and if you don?t like it you can unsubscribe.  I complained to a supervisor and got it taken off for a few months but it came back anyway ... I complained again and they gave me a $15 refund ... a few months later it came back and they just said do want service or do you want to unsubscribe ... we charge everyone this and so does Direct TV ... so pay attention to what the deal is and how long ...  :-\

I have the $7 charge and it is for my Wally receiver in the RV.  It's nice to have the DISH Tailgate package but there are nuances to it - the one I learned last trip is that I need to "wake up" my device if I hadn't used it in awhile - else I don't get channels.  I can do this through the DISH app but I didn't know it at the time - I had to call DISH support. 

thelazyl said:
I have the $7 charge and it is for my Wally receiver in the RV.  It's nice to have the DISH Tailgate package but there are nuances to it - the one I learned last trip is that I need to "wake up" my device if I hadn't used it in awhile - else I don't get channels.  I can do this through the DISH app but I didn't know it at the time - I had to call DISH support.

That's also true of DirecTV receivers.  I think they call it a 'refresh'.

Robert K said:
I dropped my dish account after 20 years back in March.
I have a tailgater and a 211 reciever we used in the motorhome for traveling.
Can I sign up for the pay as you go with these or would I need a new reciever. I couldn't find this on the website @dish.
If we ever get back to traveling we might use it then

Robert your 211 receiver will be fine. I have a VIP 211K
I bought reconditioned on Amazon. I bought the 211k because it had component output and my coach is wired for component video.
I am on the Dish Outdoors pay-as-you-go plan. Dish does not charge for my receiver because I own it. I only have one receiver.  I think there is a $7/month for a 2nd receiver if you have one.

NY_Dutch said:
What does your bill list as the reason for the charge?

The charge is ?Non-HD Receiver.?  I attempted to challenge this with the Rep because I have a HD receiver.  Ineffective, it?s an added charge like shipping and handling ... no further discussion.  BTW, I have the same VIP 211K, which I bought myself.  As I said, watch your bill carefully ...

Doc Roads said:
The charge is ?Non-HD Receiver.?  I attempted to challenge this with the Rep because I have a HD receiver.  Ineffective, it?s an added charge like shipping and handling ... no further discussion.  BTW, I have the same VIP 211K, which I bought myself.  As I said, watch your bill carefully ...

I suspet that's just the accounting category they use for the $7 charge. I'm charged $12 for a grandfathered owned Hopper 2 and $15 for the other one. As I understand it those are program guide and DVR fees...

Since you a previous Dish customer, be very careful when you call to start up your pay as you go account. I, too, was a previous Dish customer and last year on a 90-day cross country trip, I called to start a pay as you go account. Three months later when I called to cancel the account, I was told I would have to pay a cancellation fee because I was on a new two-year contract. Whoever signed me up thought I wanted to renew my old account. I argued with them and they changed the billing and promised me it would not happen again since I showed concern that this may happen again next year.

Just make sure you are getting what you want by making the CSR repeat back to you exactly what the plan details are going to be.

Back
Top Bottom