RVing message boards > Winnebago-specific issues

Winnie aspect leaky water heater

(1/2) > >>

oldryder:
I probably didn't get all the water out of it last fall or maybe I'm just real unlucky.

Anyway how much work is it to replace a water heater.  Looks like the kitchen would have to be torn apart to get to it.

thx to anyone with advice or even better links.

mark in MN

edit by staff - changed message icon to topic solved

oldryder:
ok.  I found a youtube video of changing out an RV water heater.  Actually looks straight forward; maybe a 2 hour job for someone that knows what they're doing (so it'll take me all day)

am I missing anything?

mark in MN

John Canfield:
I don't recall anybody here describing a water heater replacement, please take a bunch of pictures and let us know how that goes.

oldryder:
Will do - if I do it myself.  I did find an excellent you tube video that went thru the whole process.  "How to replace RV hot water tank"

not sure if this link works :  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb_voZ70ahA

I might have it done professionally as I leave on a trip in a week and will get a lot of grief if my wife has to make the trip with no hot water.

mark in MN

Gary RV_Wizard:
Getting access to the wiring and plumbing at the rear of the heater can be challenging.   Also disconnecting the LP gas line. If you have decent access, it's not a tough job. Yes, it will probably take you most of the day for your first attempt.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version