Winnie aspect leaky water heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oldryder

I probably didn't get all the water out of it last fall or maybe I'm just real unlucky.

Anyway how much work is it to replace a water heater.  Looks like the kitchen would have to be torn apart to get to it.

thx to anyone with advice or even better links.

mark in MN

edit by staff - changed message icon to topic solved

ok.  I found a youtube video of changing out an RV water heater.  Actually looks straight forward; maybe a 2 hour job for someone that knows what they're doing (so it'll take me all day)

am I missing anything?

mark in MN

Will do - if I do it myself.  I did find an excellent you tube video that went thru the whole process.  "How to replace RV hot water tank"

not sure if this link works :  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb_voZ70ahA

I might have it done professionally as I leave on a trip in a week and will get a lot of grief if my wife has to make the trip with no hot water.

mark in MN

Getting access to the wiring and plumbing at the rear of the heater can be challenging.  Also disconnecting the LP gas line. If you have decent access, it's not a tough job. Yes, it will probably take you most of the day for your first attempt.

I pulled mine last summer to repair some damage under the water heater. With a few youtube videos as guides, I was able to pull my heater, repair the damage under it and replace it in about 4 Hrs. I have an Atwood WH, the gas line is removed up front, and there was enough slack in the electric cables to allow me to pull the heater and then make disconnects as needed.

The damage requiring repair you ask? As I prepared to leave a campground I was moving the camper off of my leveling blocks, when I drove over my electric cord and pulled it out of the RV. Of course it was tied in directly under the WH making it oh so easy to repair /replace.

thx everyone.  With 2 days before departure I punted and paid a local shop to do it.  Was worth it.  His shop rate was only $80/hr which I thought was quite reasonable.

mark in MN

Back
Top Bottom