RVing message boards > Winnebago-specific issues

What air filter do I need for a 2005 Vectra (CUMMINS ISL03 400HP)

(1/3) > >>

DutchEagle:
I need to replace my air filter for the Cummins ISL03 400 HP diesel but have no clue what the part number is. I suppose you have to replace the whole canister or is there a replaceable part inside?
The label on the current air filter is worn off and unreadable. I could also not find anything in older service records. It just stated "replaced air filter" without what brand or part number.

Any pointers are highly appreciated.

John Canfield:
Pretty certain there's a paper element inside the can. I can look on service records, maybe I can find a part number. Freightliner might be able to tell you - have your VIN ready when you call.

Gary RV_Wizard:
Call Freightliner Custom Chassis at 1-800-FTL-HELP, not the Freightliner trucks help line. You need the last 6 digits of the VIN to get info specific to our chassis.

Do not call Cummins - they won't know the answer because they do not supply the filters. Those come from the chassis builder.
My 2004 Freightliner XCM chassis with ISL engine used a metal canister filter, no replaceable element inside. About $130. 

cbeierl:
Your 2005 Vectra should be using a Farr Eco canister air cleaner (one piece metal can with paper filter inside--the whole thing is replaced).  Freightliner should be able to give you the correct part number for your coach.

My 2005 Vectra 36RD w/CAT C7 uses the Parker/Racor 094973007 ECO-BC filter. I get mine from my local Freightliner dealer.

Gary RV_Wizard:

--- Quote ---Your 2005 Vectra should be using a Farr Eco canister air cleaner (one piece metal can with paper filter inside--the whole thing is replaced).  Freightliner should be able to give you the correct part number for your coach.
--- End quote ---
Very likely correct, but knowing the brand (Farr) and style (ECO) isn't sufficient because that is an entire series of filters, with different filtration rates and various inlet and outlet sizes & positions. There is also the similar EcoLite and Eco II model.  It doesn't have to be the Racor-Parker Farr brand either - several major filter makers offer compatible filter models, e.g. Donaldson.

Either get the correct filter canister model name/number or take the old one into a real pro parts store (e.g. a NAPA or Carquest store) so they can measure it up and order the right one.  I've actually had better results from NAPA stores than Freightliner truck dealers.  Few of the Freightliner shops seemed much interested in figuring out what part was needed for a motorhome chassis.

https://www.parker.com/Literature/Racor/Racor_Engine%20_Air_Filtration_-_ECOLITE_-_7656.pdf

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version