Are we dinosaurs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL Ron, I almost forgot to ask for mine yesterday  :(

Ron said:
Problem many seniors have as seniors is remembering to ask for the seniors discount. ;D

Maybe that's why they just give it to us if we look like we're anywhere over 50??

Ron said:
But about those that do not look anywhere over 50? ??? ;D

If you're 18, everyone over 30 looks like they're old enough for the senior discount  :D

swampfox said:
...Speaking of being an old coot, does it mean anything, that after ordering in a resturant, they ask you for payment before the order is placed?????

It means the food is so bad they are worried you won't pay for it once you taste it.  :D  :D  :D

swampfox said:
Speaking of being an old coot, does it mean anything, that after ordering in a resturant, they ask you for payment before the order is placed?????

Haven.t had them do that yet.  But they get a little concerned when I order my desert brought first.... " Just in case" ;D

homebrew2 said:
Haven.t had them do that yet.  But they get a little concerned when I order my desert brought first.... " Just in case" ;D

I think it was Joe L. that says "Eat desert first life is unpredictable."  Or something like that.

Ron said:
I think it was Joe L. that says "Eat desert first life is unpredictable."  Or something like that.
Okay, but who wants a mouthful of sand...    ;)

"Life is short, eat desert first"  Joe has a good philosophy and with his experiences, he needs it :)

Nope, it's about time for another installment.

I was born in 1951 & my first car was a 1961 Mercury Comet with a police interceptor 170 cid six cylinder. 2nd was 1963 Pink & white Mercury Marauder  with 390cid V8. I had it painted root beer brown metalflake. It was a big ol boat but i liked it.  We are only old coots if we think we are.  I believe you are both right. They were English Ford Anglias & also Austin Anglias. They made great drag cars in the 60s.

Sorry to jump in so late, but haven't been on all day.  I think you'll find the Anglia was a British import built by Ford.  I remember Rallying in one of my friends whilst in high school.  My first car was a 61 Morris Mini, that right Morris, not Austin.  It had an east west motor, back when no one had ever heard of them.  I remember crossing the border into Maine, having the oil checked when gassing and the attendant telling me that the motor was in sideways, I told him I just had motor work done and that they must of put it in wrong.

This is especially for Daisy,

Maybe this will bring back further memories. That was my model, only in icky green.

carson FL

Attachments

• 39willys.jpg
    39willys.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 33
Wow!  Thanks so much Carson.  That's it alright, except ours was black.  As were most/all cars back then.  Boy, nostalgial reigns today......

Daisy

Back
Top Bottom