Locast launches in Tampa, St. Pete...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NY_Dutch

It ain't free
If you do not "donate" the service will interrupt your programming frequently and without regard to the program to beg you to donate meanwhile the program continues. A few times I missed the end of a program due to asking for donations

darsben said:
It ain't free
If you do not "donate" the service will interrupt your programming frequently and without regard to the program to beg you to donate meanwhile the program continues. A few times I missed the end of a program due to asking for donations

Try watching the pemium streaming programming on PBS without donating. Can't do it. If $5.50/mo is too much for you to stream local programming then just don't use it. Heck, Dish charges $12/mo for local programming... ;)

darsben said:
At least PBS does not beg while the show continues and you know the price.

I have many premium services on my Roku including Starz, and HBO,
But all I was saying id LOCAST is not free if it is worth the price is for the user to decide.

Well, access to view the programming is free, it's just uninterrupted viewing that requires a donation. :)

I don't understand. If it's local programming, why not just use an antenna? ??? ???

Locast gets into places OTA doesn't.  I tried it yesterday in Pahrump, NV and although I'm less than 30 air miles outside Las Vegas there are no usable over the air signals here.  It's due to those things called moutains you don't have in Florida.

I tried Locast yesterday and I was assigned the Los Angeles stations.  Probably for the same reason every time I go to a retailer's website the defaut store  location is Huntington Beach, the location of the server feeding the AT&T cell towers here.

Depending on how you're watching the Locast feeds, there are ways to fool their geo-fencing into thinking you're where you want to be to receive the locals there. If you use Chrome or Firefox for instance, the "Location Guard" add-on works well with Locast, and one of the "Fake GPS" apps on Android can also do the job. I don't know if IOS has similar apps. I have NordVPN for various other purposes, and their app also works fine on my FireTVsticks for the cities where Nord and Locast both have servers.

Back
Top Bottom