Personal Camp Ground

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ankhatum

Well,

I got a nice little personal campground hooked up on the lower end of my mom's property.  There was a trailer at this location at one time, so it has water, septic and now a 30 amp plug for my TT.

Have to go get some more sewer hose though as its a nice haul to the septic entrance, but hey sewer hose is cheap.

Also has a fairly nice circle rock driveway, easy in and out with a TT.

Anyone passing through South Central, ky and need a place let me know.  I got my TT hooked up on it and i stayed there the other night.  Very nice. :)

I live about 2  hrs away from my mom, so when I go visit during the summer/spring/fall I'm going to use the camper.  Winter, i'll have to stay with her at her place.

If it is "A nice haul to the sewer entrance" you might wish to consider a macerator pump and use 3/4" garden hose (I suggest black hose for black water)  Most of those can pump up to or over 100 feet away and even up hill if they must.. Bit slower to empty the tank than a 3" stinky slinky but very effective non-the less.  I have one and have used it, have black hose too.

Its only about 35 feet to the current septic opening, which I'll fix as the summer progresses.  But I call that a  "haul" as I'm used to using only my 10 foot sewer hose. :)

Anyone know where I could get a used 30/50/20 box?  I am thinking of just adding a 2nd site for friends.  My TT just uses the 30.

I have full 200amp service at this location so enough for a few sites if I wanted.  IF anybody knows a great place to get some used boxes let me know.

Have you tried an electrical distributor?

Edit: Oops, just realized you're looking for a used box.

I recommend going to Home Depot or Lowe's and buying new boxes as they are not really that expensive.  Everytime I have tried to use and recycled 30 or 50 amp electrical box I ended up replacing the connector anyway.  Here at Sam's Camp I got a pedestal that was removed from a trailer park that was being taken out.  Once again I ended up replacing the connectors.

Yeah probably what I"m going to go ahead and do :)

Just got to figure out how to place the sites.  Doubt many folks will use my #2 /friend site, but ya never know.

ankhatum said:
Just got to figure out how to place the sites.  Doubt many folks will use my #2 /friend site, but ya never know.

We have had several RV Forum members stop by Sam's Camp  we have two full hookup sites 50/30 amp as well as sufficient room for extras to be able to connect to water and Elect as well as having access to be able to dump.  Why we even have a Dump station but that is used mostly by the neighbor.  Some years the number of visitors are more than others.

Have had several chances to rent out a pad but just explain that the extra pad is for our friends who might stop by.

Do you live in town? Our town have a city code that we cannot have an RV parked in the yard or lot. We just had a pad poured in our backyard to accommodate our MH and was told that. Had to go to the city hall and complained. Now they say that we cannot hookup to a sewer and the RV shall not be used for human occupancy for more than 72 hours within any thirty day period. I am sure that different city have different codes ,but  you can do that in your area??? Please enlighten me!!!                        Minglou

We are not within the city limits and since we have several possible pads I think we would have a good chance of being grandfathered if they ever did annex us in.  Hopefully that doesn't happen.

I do know some cities have regulations prohibiting RV/s or restricting the parking or use of them. What can be done about it varies with location and city.

Many cities have anti-rv ordinances,  Ranging from simple No parking on a public street to must be "out of sight" (Technically mine qualifies for that as mine is parked in the back of my "Front" lot, there used to be a pool there so the privacy fence hides it from all but the back lot.. It's not on the back lot though so it falls in a hole in the law, thankfully there is no longer a hole in the ground)

But folks get jealous of your nice new house on wheels so they get the government to pass laws.  And in many cases those laws were passed because the current resident's daddies got jealous of your daddy's nice new house on wheels. (Or his daddy's or.. Well you get the idea)

In some cases I can see the reason for the law.. In most anti-RV cases I can not.  I should be able to park any legal vehicle, car, truck or RV, on my property anywhere I like but I can not, for example, park a car on my front lawn (or any other vehicle), and if the car has a flat tire.. Well it better have current reg (I've already been to court on that, One of my trailers had a flat tire, but current reg, had to dismiss the charge cause the law says it is illegal if it is a MOTOR vehicle (Trailer) Incapable of being started and opterated on our highways (I do admit I can't start a trailer) and does NOT bear valid registration plates (IT DID).

I"m not sure if the city would object if they knew I was hooked to sewer, or that I can.. I only do that on occasion

I'm far from a city out in the Hills/mountains of northern part of county.  This piece of property is hidden from the one lane gravel/blacktop mix road.  No problems doing what I"m doing.

I went today and took photos of the area I'm developing for my 2 or 3 sites.  I have 1 alraedy.  I'll post when I get them off the cam.

Let's try this again.  Pictures of my current site and where I'm putting 2 and 3.

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee261/Lvilleguy/August172007003.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee261/Lvilleguy/August172007005.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee261/Lvilleguy/August172007006.jpg

Hope those work.

Just as a suggestion It would probably be easier for members if you posted the photos here by clicking on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS on the post message screen.  Resize photos to less than 150KB.  I use Windows Power Tools IMAGE RESIZER to resize photos.  Very easy to use and very handy.

Or use the hyperlink tool in the toolbar (immediately above the smileys) to make the links live.

Actually ankhatum's way or hyperlinks are better for me, since I can't view the pics hosted on this site.  I can see these because they are hosted at photobucket.

Nice setup!

Thanks. I like my lil setup.  That's a 25 foot trailer.  If I had a visitor with a 40 footer,  they would just have to park on the circle drive and then run drops for the electric and water.

Others could back in.

My mother built a house up on that ridge and when we were building it, the wind blew all the time.  Still does.  I named her house WindyRidge manor, so I guess I could call my little place WindyRidge Camp.

Though its not windy like in the plains, just a breeze due to the height difference from the valley, bout 800 feet I think.

Ours is parked in the back yard, hooked to water and elec.  We (I drive while dh directs me with walkie talkies) have to pull out of the yard to the side of the house (we're on a corner) to dump.  DH didn't want to lay 50' of sewer line.  We use the rv often while it's parked and dump it about every 2 weeks.  I usually take this opportunity to drive it a little.

Darling Husband  Wife ever calls me that  I put lumps on her head, cuz I have enough.  LOL

Back
Top Bottom