rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Difficulty accessing some spaces  (Read 380 times)

jaunvie

• ---
Difficulty accessing some spaces
« on: June 10, 2020, 08:44:09 PM »
I'm surprised by how many spaces in the RV are completely inaccessible.  I have a space in my hybrid that is behind the dinette but in front of the fold out, that is completely inaccessible. They built a shelf about halfway up from the floor and I can get into that from behind the dinette cushions but from that area to the floor (about a foot tall and maybe a foot wide) I can't find any real access to at all. I would think this could be valuable space for storage for maybe some tools or something but it's clearly walled off. Same type of thing in the back. I would really like to access the wiring for my tail lights from behind but they just built a makeshift wall. And it is truly makeshift. They left a space id about 7-8 inches open at the top. Just enough for me to get my hand into and realise what a large space it really is. Is this typical? Has anyone removed the wall to get more room and better access? Would that be a bad idea? It doesn't seen to bed to be there all I don't really get it.

Kevin Means

• ---
  • SolaRVector
    • SolaRVector
Re: Difficulty accessing some spaces
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2020, 12:45:35 AM »
Trying to get the most out of the available space in an RV is as much art as it is science, and some manufacturers do it better than others. Sometimes you say, "Hey, that's pretty clever" and othertimes it's, "What were they thinking!"

Kev
2011 Winnebago Tour 42QD
Towing a Jeep Rubicon Unlimited LJ
RVI Brake 2, TST 507 TPMS, 960 watts of solar, SolaRVector tilt
Lakeside, California

lynnmor

• ---
Re: Difficulty accessing some spaces
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2020, 09:31:06 AM »
RVs are just a heap of cheap materials waiting to be properly assembled.  Time to test or develop your carpentry skills.