rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: A Zoom wedding  (Read 169 times)

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
  • Celebrating 25 years of The RV Forum online.
    • RV Forum web site
A Zoom wedding
« on: June 21, 2020, 04:10:18 PM »
This morning I was talking with my oldest grandson who operates a pro photography business in the UK. His primary business is wedding photography, which dried up when weddings were banned by the Church in Wales during COVID lockdown. I was curious about a wedding he captured last week.

The groom is originally from Wales and the bride originally from TX. All the UK and TX guests had to cancel their trips, but the wedding went ahead virtually. Held at their home in Wales, only the couple and the photographer were in the room, the latter appropriately distanced and masked. All the guests "attended" via Zoom, as did the TX-based pastor.

Traditional "wedding photos" of guests were taken with the subjects posing in front of their respective web cam. This should be an interesting "wedding photo album".

Regrettably, all his other wedding bookings had to be put on hold.
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.

Boat Addict

• ---
Re: A Zoom wedding
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2020, 08:35:58 PM »
My last son just experienced  a similar wedding.  We has more on Zoom than what would had made it to the wedding too. Funny story all the expected wedding party wore their outfits while watching the wedding and did photos to reflect the day and will be used to create his wedding book.  The kids these days can do wonders with technology.
If you want to know what a form of torture is, buy a new winnie TT.
2018 2401 RG Minnie  travel trailer

jackiemac

• Forum Staff
  • ---
Re: A Zoom wedding
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2020, 04:32:08 AM »
Its great to see people carrying on with life and not postponing things. I'm sure they'll have a party later to celebrate.

What would we have done without technology?  I think things would have been very different and a lot harder for people in very restricted lockdown.
Jackie n Steve - Happy Scottish Travellers

2017 Heartland Sundance 288rls
2016 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi

Back in the UK til who knows....