Utah RV Park

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sweetsurrender

Early inJune I saw a post by PancakeBill  about the new park near Price, Utah. Thanks Pancake Bill!! We just stayed there for the last 5 days and it was great. We happened to be looking for somewhere to spend a week or so out of the Las Vegas heat, and this was our first trip with an overnight between us and our destination. (400 + miles is not a day trip for us.)

It is Castle Gate RV and campground. Very spacious sites, like 40' minimum width I'd guess. Every two or three sites have a wifi transmitter, so the wifi is fast and steady. The park is nestled between the Price river (our site backed up to that ?), and the railroad. There is a highway by the river, but honestly at night it wasn't noticable. The trains are cool too, not annoying, at least for us. Its shy of shade because it's so new, but with the rest of it, I couldn't complain.

The town is called Helper. Sweet historic little town that looks to be coming back to life. The Corona virus isn't helping with that, but hopefully it will once again thrive. This time with tourists, but it is also a working railroad town still.

We went rock art hunting about 20 miles away, geocaching all over, and really enjoyed the place.

If anyone is wanting to see central south Utah and enjoy some history and a enjoy a nice base camp, this may be up your alley.

Happy trails, all!!

Here's more about Helper, UT and Castle Gate RV Park.  Posted last October.  I'm headed back there for a 3-night stay on July 9 myself.

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,124678.msg1138520.html#msg1138520

This trip I'll be checking out Nine Mile Canyon.

https://www.visitutah.com/articles/the-46-miles-of-nine-mile-canyon/

Linda

Just checked the rates for Castle Gate RV in Helper, Ut.  I was,, the word is WAS interested because We live in Cedar City ( south west corner of Utah) and have visited most of the small towns that we like so much..  But the owners of this RV park are REALLY REALLY PROUD of this park, and it's reflected in their pricing..  Just south of that location,, on the same road, is the town of Ferron that has a great State park ( Millsite st. park) on a large reservoir and more reasonably priced..>>>Dan

Back
Top Bottom