rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Pedal extenders  (Read 402 times)

Live and Learn

Pedal extenders
« on: June 23, 2020, 01:17:08 PM »
Hello !  I'm have been diligently reading and learning and thank everyone for their input on this forum.

We are about to purchase an F-250.  I am 4'8" and DH is 6'0" (it's a sight to behold when we walk hand in hand).    I suspect I am going to need pedal extenders.   All the on lot F-250s in my price range do not have the power pedals - I've been searching high and low and only the super deluxe models outside my price range have them.

Does anyone use pedal extenders ?   Are they safe ?   I would need them to be easy on / off for when DH and I switch driving duties.   DH already drives with the seat as far back as it will go.

Thanks !

JackL

• ---
Re: Pedal extenders
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2020, 03:49:04 PM »
Is your husband handy ?
 Years ago, my mother had the same problem and my father made clip on extenders.
 if I recall rightly he used blocks of wood with a clip on each side and one on the top. the clips were made out of aluminum and he glued rubber pads on the wood.
 They were easy on and off

I can visualize how easy it would be to make them. I keep old aluminum street signs for all kinds of projects like that.

jack L

Rene T

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Every day is payday and every payday I have off
Rene, Lucille & co-pilot Buddy
AKA  Pep N Mem
2011 Chevy Duramax 2500 HD 4X4
2011 Montana High Country 343RL
From the Granite State of NH
& Florida Snowbird in Lakeland FL

Utclmjmpr

• ---
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2020, 06:31:01 AM »

Being female,, you may already have them,,,, they are called PLATFORM SHOES ::) ;D.>>>Dan
Vary rare American Tradition 38TT/330 turbo Cummins
Last year Jeep liberty 4 down
72 VW Baja 4 down
Cedar City, Utah
USAF vet. 59-63
FMCA F312919

You can't fix stupid,, but you can numb it with a 2X4

Live and Learn

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2020, 09:27:44 AM »
I joked that I needed to go to a thirftshop and buy platform shoes !

Problem solved.    Bought a 2019 Ram 2500 with adjustable pedals.   Now I need the TT or 5th wheel to tow with it :)