Couch Over Platform In Slide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bmnolen

Hello,

What is the type of couch that sits on top of the slide platform?  To replace this, we'd need a couch that the frame is cut to fit over the platform, but the front of the couch reaches the floor, if that makes sense.  I must be using the wrong words to search, because I can't find anything.

Thanks!

All the ones we have owned simply sat on the slide and moved in/out with it.  One had a removal lower front panel that partially covered the edge of the slide and had duct openings for the furnace that was underneath.

bmnolen said:
Hello,

What is the type of couch that sits on top of the slide platform?  To replace this, we'd need a couch that the frame is cut to fit over the platform, but the front of the couch reaches the floor, if that makes sense.  I must be using the wrong words to search, because I can't find anything.

Thanks!

I think we have the sort of slide platform you are describing.  It's completely hidden from view when the sofa is on it. We used a European-style sofa that is normally up on short legs. The legs at the back of the sofa were removed--the rear of the sofa sits on the platform.  The sofa was attached to the slide with lag screws through its wooden fame.  The front legs were trimmed so they permit the sofa to move with the slide without dragging.  No modifications were made to the sofa, itself.

I hope this answers your questions.

Joel (AKA docj)

Back
Top Bottom