Platform or ledge in the plumbing leading from the toilet in my 19'Coleman Trler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WJPL

Coleman 2019...2425RB
So, the toilet seem to get clogged every camping trip from the TP.
There is a built in ledge in the plumbing leading to the black tank from the toilet.
There is a small half moon size opening on the one side of this ledge that does allow the water to drain into the black tank.
We are using the (1) ply TP, but that still just doesn't break down enough and we get a clogged toilet.
I thought the plumbing would be a straight pipe right into the black tank.
Does anyone else have this problem or is it a Coleman camper design.
I called the dealer and complained about it. All they told me that other Coleman customers have complained about the same problem and that there was no recall or fixes.
Help ?

Attachments

• Coleman.1jpg.jpg
    Coleman.1jpg.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 30
Dealers are generally useless. I would call Coleman directly and/or remove the toilet to see what is going on. I have never heard of such a problem. I am guessing the problem is a manufacturing defect specific to your trailer and not the make and model.

Gary RV_Wizard said:
Maybe time for a different model of toilet? Thetford and Dometic/Sealand have several different models available.
[/quote
Thanks for getting back to me. I don't think it's the toilet. This ledge is below the camper floor and it looks like it's part of the plumbing.

As said earlier, remove the toilet and see exactly what?s going on. Maybe there?s something that can be cut out without jeaperdizing the integrity of the sewer system

If I am reading you correctly it sounds like a lip on the pvc line is catching the paper and solid goods on some elbow and blocking it from going down.  Is it possible that the line is reduced from the toilet to the tank which may have a smaller opening?  I know mine goes directly into the black water tank with no lip on any plumbing, allowing you to see the inside bottom of the tank.

That is definitely a big blockage and there is no sense that that would be "normal" - Under warranty?

I would demand the dealer take a look - recalls happen when dealer's have to do warranty fixes and they want to recover from the makers.

Don't let them stiff arm you if this is underwarranty.

Thanks everyone for your input. I sent the same photo to the dealer and now going to try contact the "Keystone RV Company" and share this photo with as well, so they have a better understanding of what's not right with the black tank plumbing in our camper.

Back
Top Bottom