Mobil app

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The only app we have that worked used the text-only view of the forum. It's been a long time since I created that app, and it looks like it has since been taken down. But you can get a similar forum view by clicking the WAP2 link in the footer at the bottom of this page.

Edit: I think the link to the app storage changed; I'll try to find it.

WAP2 link?  I don't see that on my screen (Windows laptop & Firefox browser).

I've used the Firefox & Chrome browsers on an Android tablet to access the forum with reasonable success, but the smaller screen on a phone makes it awkward.

I don't see that on my screen (Windows laptop & Firefox browser).
See attached screenshot. It's been in the same place for many (15+) years. I just logged out and confirmed that footer is still displayed - Windows 10 laptop & FF browser. Not sure why it's not displaying in your browser. Could it be that it's being filtered by some over-aggressive ad blocker or some such?
Edit: Fixed quote tag typo.

Attachments

• Footer_links.jpg
    Footer_links.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 19
[quote author=Larry N.]Incorrect info removed.[/quote]

Just as I was replying to it  :)

[quote author=Tom]...used the text-only view of the forum...you can get a similar forum view by clicking the WAP2 link in the footer at the bottom of this page.[/quote]
Just realized the app itself originally linked to the imode forum view, which was similar to, but a little better (?) than WAP2, and the link was different. imode view is not currently active (not sure if I turned it off, or the featured was dropped by developers), but I need to research to understand/remember why.

The very last thing on my bucket list is an app for this forum. Typing on a laptop is hard enough, typing on a phone is almost impossible for us old farts.

[quote author=Tom]... originally linked to the imode forum view... not sure if I turned it off, or the featured was dropped by developers), but I need to research to understand/remember why.
[/quote]
Looks like some code was changed (or undone) during a software update. For various reasons, I won't change the code back right now, and we'll re-look at it later. Meanwhile, feel free to bookmark & use the WAP2 link:

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php?wap2

It's not pretty, but is functional if you don't need to view images & attachments.

FWIW - WAP (1 or 2) = Wireless Access Protocol.

Hi... I use Chrome on Android  tablet  and it works fine..  I sign out when done looking on the forum.  So I just  need to take my password along when I travel. Jim

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom