need help with blower relay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fat face

Own a 1995 class c montana E350 chassis and cannot locate blower motor relay. Checked the fuse in the fuse box and a relay is not an option in the power distribution box. We have a 50 amp fuse in the distribution box , it checked out fine. Need location of blower relay.

Great question, the answer , which I hate to admit is no. I checked your suggested youtube. I shall do so now. Thank you

Unlike a Class A, a class C should have the standard Ford van HVAC system.  The dashboard should be almost pure Ford. Are you using the E350 service manual for reference?

The relay is fine , but the motor was not.Had to order another. Thanks to each of you for your assistance.    In answer to Gary RV no I do not have an owners manual, been using online information. Thanks

fat face said:
The relay is fine , but the motor was not.Had to order another. Thanks to each of you for your assistance.    In answer to Gary RV no I do not have an owners manual, been using online information. Thanks

Glad you found the problem.

The good news is that you should be able to get a manual for the E350 - Very common chassis. I had a real time of it finding a manual for my Chev P30 chassis. Eventually found one in the depths of the internet that has proven useful but still does not show where components are. Still trying to find the starter relay - LOL...

Ex-Calif said:
Still trying to find the starter relay - LOL...

It should be on the starter itself, that little can on top that also extends the Bendix gear.  Chevy doesn't use an external starter relay, that's a Ford design.

Interesting - The unit on the starter is the starter solenoid.  The manual I have talks about the starter relay - I can hear it click somewhere on the firewall, low down near my feet.  I even had my kid cycle the key while I climbed up under the bumper - I can hear it but I couldn't find it.

I have temporarily wired a "push" button start switch directly to the starter solenoid.Although with me who knows how long "temporary" will be - LOL...

Attachments

• start.jpg
    start.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 4
Lou Schneider said:
It should be on the starter itself, that little can on top that also extends the Bendix gear.  Chevy doesn't use an external starter relay, that's a Ford design.

F350 Ford starter RELAY is not mounted on the starter. It is normally mounted on the inner fender well.
What you reference is the starter SOLENOID.

Richard

Back
Top Bottom