Recovering table cushion suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pinetrees

I'd like to make new covers for the table cushions, but not sure what the best choice of fabric would be. The ones on there now are removable (zip), so would like that for wash-ability. It appears the bottom is some sort of plastic, I'm guessing to prevent slipping around(?).  What type of fabric is best for durability, can we use the same fabric for the top and bottom, or should we use some anti slide type material on the bottoms? And finally, if not able to make covers, is there a good place to buy replacements with a nice variety of sizes? Thank you!

Sunbrella is a good choice for washability and durability.  I am not sure what they might have used on the bottom.  Micro suede or moleskin,perhaps?

Are you near a JoAnn Fabrics?  They should have someone who can point you in the right direction.  They should have fabrics on their website,too. 

As for a person to sew them, I would look for upholstery shops.  If you can get references,maybe someone from Craigslist.

I hope this was helpful.

Mary

Ive never seen a table that has cushions. Perhaps you mean chairs?

I believe he is talking about an RV booth table with cushions. We had new booth cushions made by Speedwell, INC. and they did an excellent job. We used a higher density foam for our new cushions and used the same fabric on the top and bottom for reversibility. They make just the zipper covers (no foam) also.  Check them out at speedwell.com. You may be able to do better on price but I don't think you will do better on workmanship and fabric quality. There are many fabrics to choose from on the website as well as an order form for putting in your fabric choice and cushion dimensions....Get the dimensions RIGHT! Thhey will send  you free fabric samples and a price quote if requested on the website.

Speedwell makes cushions for booths and beds for many RV manufactures. Unfortunately, many manufactures order the cheapest foam and fabric.     

Yes, I should have been more clear in my description! The table has bench seats, and there are cushions on the bottom and the back. These then become the bed cushions when table turns into the bed.  I'd like to just find replacement covers since the foam they used seems to be a nice quality. But I will look at Joann Fabrics as I'm sure they have the type of fabric suggested here. And I do agree, I think I'd want both sides the same so reversible. But I'll look into the company mentioned here that makes them as well
. Thanks everyone for suggestions!

How old are your cushions?  Mine are 19 years old, I've washed them several times and they look like new.

Pinetrees. What you describe is called a dinette in RV parlance.

We?re also in the middle or maybe a little farther along in our remodeling project, and have not completely sure about keeping the dinette, and wanting to avoid having new cushion cover made. As a temporary solution, I am covering the existing cushions with heavy painter?s drop-cloth fabric, stapled to a fiberboard bottom, like one might upholster a chair bottom, and the backs are secured in-place with Velcro. Painters?s drop-cloth is cheap and durable, and with grandkids involved, there could be Spills and stains ::)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom