rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Recovering table cushion suggestions  (Read 138 times)

pinetrees

• ---
Recovering table cushion suggestions
« on: June 28, 2020, 05:36:13 PM »
I'd like to make new covers for the table cushions, but not sure what the best choice of fabric would be. The ones on there now are removable (zip), so would like that for wash-ability. It appears the bottom is some sort of plastic, I'm guessing to prevent slipping around(?).  What type of fabric is best for durability, can we use the same fabric for the top and bottom, or should we use some anti slide type material on the bottoms? And finally, if not able to make covers, is there a good place to buy replacements with a nice variety of sizes? Thank you!

Pugapooh

• ---
  • Wanna buy a truck?
Re: Recovering table cushion suggestions
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2020, 08:44:35 PM »
Sunbrella is a good choice for washability and durability.  I am not sure what they might have used on the bottom.  Micro suede or moleskin,perhaps?

Are you near a JoAnn Fabrics?  They should have someone who can point you in the right direction.  They should have fabrics on their website,too. 

As for a person to sew them, I would look for upholstery shops.  If you can get references,maybe someone from Craigslist.

I hope this was helpful.

Mary
2006 Dutchmen Denali 29 RL fiver
2006 Dodge 2500 Big Horn
2001 GMC Sierra 3500

ChasA

• ---
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2020, 07:54:30 AM »
Ive never seen a table that has cushions. Perhaps you mean chairs?
Apex, NC
2010 Winnebago journey Express 34Y
2018 Ford Edge SEL
Air Force One towed brakes
Blue Ox towed setup

RVfixer

• ---
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 10:03:14 AM »
I believe he is talking about an RV booth table with cushions. We had new booth cushions made by Speedwell, INC. and they did an excellent job. We used a higher density foam for our new cushions and used the same fabric on the top and bottom for reversibility. They make just the zipper covers (no foam) also.  Check them out at speedwell.com. You may be able to do better on price but I don't think you will do better on workmanship and fabric quality. There are many fabrics to choose from on the website as well as an order form for putting in your fabric choice and cushion dimensions....Get the dimensions RIGHT! Thhey will send  you free fabric samples and a price quote if requested on the website.

Speedwell makes cushions for booths and beds for many RV manufactures. Unfortunately, many manufactures order the cheapest foam and fabric.       

pinetrees

• ---
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2020, 04:19:14 PM »
Yes, I should have been more clear in my description! The table has bench seats, and there are cushions on the bottom and the back. These then become the bed cushions when table turns into the bed.  I'd like to just find replacement covers since the foam they used seems to be a nice quality. But I will look at Joann Fabrics as I'm sure they have the type of fabric suggested here. And I do agree, I think I'd want both sides the same so reversible. But I'll look into the company mentioned here that makes them as well
. Thanks everyone for suggestions!

wackymac

• ---
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2020, 04:47:55 PM »
How old are your cushions?  Mine are 19 years old, I've washed them several times and they look like new.
2002 Fleetwood Fiesta 31H, 2001 F53 Ford chassis
2002 Toyota Tacoma Xtra Cab 2wd
2 cats:
Rusty-13 year old red mackerel tabby with white, male, 22.5#,  leash trained.
Penny-10 year old black & white DLH, 16#, female.
Home---Ocala, FL
Avatar: '58 VW bus, 350hp 327 Chevy, TH400 & '57 Pontiac rear end.

ChasA

• ---
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2020, 05:58:14 PM »
Pinetrees. What you describe is called a dinette in RV parlance.
Apex, NC
2010 Winnebago journey Express 34Y
2018 Ford Edge SEL
Air Force One towed brakes
Blue Ox towed setup