How not to do a truck camper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edjunior

Spotted at a Dollar General north of Houston a bit.  I never thought I'd see one like this, but there it is.

Attachments

• BigCamper1 (Medium).jpg
    BigCamper1 (Medium).jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 247
It will make a good campfire story - hopefully all good with a happy ending.

Amazing what one sees along the way.  Sure looks like an accident waiting to happen, hopefully not.

This picture shows something other than a TRUCK Camper.... but. if they had one "it would be a Doozer" I think.

Attachments

• A $4000 RV for you _resized.jpg
    A $4000 RV for you _resized.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 100
edjunior said:
Spotted at a Dollar General north of Houston a bit.  I never thought I'd see one like this, but there it is.

Ed,

Love Jumping in on a old thread.  Real Old.

Obviously you being in Houston, this guy to have had some Oil Field blood in him. I am sure!  ;D

His rationale is it makes for a quick rig up and rig down.  In the name of safety, he promised not to drive over 100 mph without straps being snug.

I would say the fenders he strapped them to will fail before the strap, but that is my $0.02 only.  ;D

With October Oil Futures at $37 a barrel, and everybody not getting on planes until the Corona Puzzle is solved looks like the Patch,  is Dead for the foreseeable future. 

Makes for some good RV Prices at the pump though.

My Son lives down there in your area and "was" in the oil related field.  I told him he needs to reinvent himself and change occupations.

You retired or doing alright with employment?  Any Friends affected by National Layoffs?

Edited: I see Military Retired...Got it...  :)) :))

John 

X-Roughneck said:
Ed,

Love Jumping in on a old thread.  Real Old.

Obviously you being in Houston, this guy to have had some Oil Field blood in him. I am sure!  ;D

His rationale is it makes for a quick rig up and rig down.  In the name of safety, he promised not to drive over 100 mph without straps being snug.

I would say the fenders he strapped them to will fail before the strap, but that is my $0.02 only.  ;D

With October Oil Futures at $37 a barrel, and everybody not getting on planes until the Corona Puzzle is solved looks like the Patch,  is Dead for the foreseeable future. 

Makes for some good RV Prices at the pump though.

My Son lives down there in your area and "was" in the oil related field.  I told him he needs to reinvent himself and change occupations.

You retired or doing alright with employment?  Any Friends affected by National Layoffs?

Edited: I see Military Retired...Got it...  :)) :))

John

I am military retired (20 years AF), and hope to retire a second and final time with a year and a half or so.  The house will be paid off then, or near it, and I should do fine.  I was IT in an oil related company (KBR) for a while, but now in IT (IT security) at Houston Community College.  Luckily we can do what we need to do from home, so I've been working from home since March.  Hard to believe.

edjunior said:
I am military retired (20 years AF), and hope to retire a second and final time with a year and a half or so.  The house will be paid off then, or near it, and I should do fine.  I was IT in an oil related company (KBR) for a while, but now in IT (IT security) at Houston Community College.  Luckily we can do what we need to do from home, so I've been working from home since March.  Hard to believe.

I don?t think many folks understand us military retirees cannot live off our retirement alone. I retired from the AF after 24 years. Went back to college and finished a BA and then got a position with the DoD. Did twelve years and retired again at age 64. Now we live off military and DoD retirements, VA disability, and our Social Security. So the pandemic has not affected us fiscally. We are lucky.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom