rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: How not to do a truck camper  (Read 1007 times)

edjunior

• ---
  • Roman Forest, TX
How not to do a truck camper
« on: June 28, 2020, 07:30:38 PM »
Spotted at a Dollar General north of Houston a bit.  I never thought I'd see one like this, but there it is.

Ed.....KF5INW
MSgt, USAF, Retired
2019 F-250 XLT, 6.7L PSD
2010 Forest River Wildcat 28RKBS
"I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!"

NY_Dutch

• ---
  • Home is where our wheels are!
Re: How not to do a truck camper
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2020, 08:07:06 PM »
Hopefully they're just transporting it!
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox base plate

viceprice

• ---
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2020, 09:02:48 PM »
It will make a good campfire story - hopefully all good with a happy ending.
Karen, Kyle and the K9s
1997 Chevrolet C2500 7.4L Silverado
2016 Cougar X-Lite 28RBS

Gizmo

• ---
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2020, 09:27:12 PM »
Amazing what one sees along the way.  Sure looks like an accident waiting to happen, hopefully not.
Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki
2015 Ram Big Horn 3500 CC Cummins TD Dually 3:73 Gears & AISIN Tranny
2019 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R

IBTripping

• ---
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2020, 05:51:44 PM »
Steering that overloaded truck down the highway must be fun.  ::)
1996 Coachmen Catalina 230BH
2004 Dodge Durango SLT 4.7L

Roy M

• ---
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2020, 07:30:19 PM »
A similar setup is parked in a neighbor's driveway. Sure glad I'm not driving it.

SpencerPJ

• ---
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2020, 06:53:19 AM »
Steering that overloaded truck down the highway must be fun.  ::)
Na, just needs some air shocks  ;) ;D ;D ;D
2020 F150 Lariat 502a, Max Tow, 3.5 Eco
2012 Puma 21BH TT
Paul & Julie

"Never argue with stupid people. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience" - Mark Twain

Mr Bojangles

• ---
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2020, 08:00:01 AM »
This picture shows something other than a TRUCK Camper.... but. if they had one "it would be a Doozer" I think.
SAFBVET    Jim O
28 trips out.... 88,000 Miles -S  to Key West, SW to Gulf...w to Texas, NW Oregon, across Canada.

Roy M

• ---
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2020, 10:06:36 AM »
I wonder if he has noticed the shredded tire.

X-Roughneck

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2020, 02:52:24 PM »
Spotted at a Dollar General north of Houston a bit.  I never thought I'd see one like this, but there it is.

Ed,

Love Jumping in on a old thread.  Real Old.

Obviously you being in Houston, this guy to have had some Oil Field blood in him. I am sure!   ;D

His rationale is it makes for a quick rig up and rig down.  In the name of safety, he promised not to drive over 100 mph without straps being snug.

I would say the fenders he strapped them to will fail before the strap, but that is my $0.02 only.  ;D

With October Oil Futures at $37 a barrel, and everybody not getting on planes until the Corona Puzzle is solved looks like the Patch,  is Dead for the foreseeable future. 

Makes for some good RV Prices at the pump though.

My Son lives down there in your area and "was" in the oil related field.  I told him he needs to reinvent himself and change occupations.

You retired or doing alright with employment?  Any Friends affected by National Layoffs?

Edited: I see Military Retired...Got it...  :)) :))

John 
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 02:58:24 PM by X-Roughneck »

edjunior

• ---
  • Roman Forest, TX
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2020, 07:39:57 PM »
Ed,

Love Jumping in on a old thread.  Real Old.

Obviously you being in Houston, this guy to have had some Oil Field blood in him. I am sure!   ;D

His rationale is it makes for a quick rig up and rig down.  In the name of safety, he promised not to drive over 100 mph without straps being snug.

I would say the fenders he strapped them to will fail before the strap, but that is my $0.02 only.  ;D

With October Oil Futures at $37 a barrel, and everybody not getting on planes until the Corona Puzzle is solved looks like the Patch,  is Dead for the foreseeable future. 

Makes for some good RV Prices at the pump though.

My Son lives down there in your area and "was" in the oil related field.  I told him he needs to reinvent himself and change occupations.

You retired or doing alright with employment?  Any Friends affected by National Layoffs?

Edited: I see Military Retired...Got it...  :)) :))

John

I am military retired (20 years AF), and hope to retire a second and final time with a year and a half or so.  The house will be paid off then, or near it, and I should do fine.  I was IT in an oil related company (KBR) for a while, but now in IT (IT security) at Houston Community College.  Luckily we can do what we need to do from home, so I've been working from home since March.  Hard to believe.
Ed.....KF5INW
MSgt, USAF, Retired
2019 F-250 XLT, 6.7L PSD
2010 Forest River Wildcat 28RKBS
"I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!"

Oldgator73

• ---
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2020, 08:02:40 PM »
I am military retired (20 years AF), and hope to retire a second and final time with a year and a half or so.  The house will be paid off then, or near it, and I should do fine.  I was IT in an oil related company (KBR) for a while, but now in IT (IT security) at Houston Community College.  Luckily we can do what we need to do from home, so I've been working from home since March.  Hard to believe.

I donít think many folks understand us military retirees cannot live off our retirement alone. I retired from the AF after 24 years. Went back to college and finished a BA and then got a position with the DoD. Did twelve years and retired again at age 64. Now we live off military and DoD retirements, VA disability, and our Social Security. So the pandemic has not affected us fiscally. We are lucky.
Retired Air Force
Retired DoD Chief, Education & Training
2016 Winnie Drop
2016 Nissan Frontier
1952 Wife
Do you know the difference between Education and Training: Would you rather your daughter take sex Education or sex Training?