Landing Gear Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StarDancer

Just had new tires installed.  Guy needed to raise the RV a little.  Worked first time.  Then he had to raise the RV a little more.  NOTHING.  So, maybe it's the battery not having enough power?  I'm purchasing a new one on Tuesday.  The current battery was purchased December 14, 2011!  That's pretty long for a battery, isn't it?

Forgot to add:  One of my slides wasn't closing all the way...had my friends push from outside while I turned the switch.  Then trouble opening when the tires were finished.  My friend and I pushed it open while I turned it on.  Battery again maybe?

If it isn't one thing, it's another...  ::) ::)

Sounds like power problems.  New batteries can come less than fully charged.

Landing gear and slides both require 12VDC power.  It can come from several sources. 1)  Battery.  2) Converter if plugged into shore power.  3) Tow vehicle if connected and TV is running.

I ALWAYS plug into shore power before deploying landing gear and slides and remain plugged in until everything is retracted.  It will not drain the battery that way.

Is your converter working?  Use a volt meter to measure voltage at the battery.  When NOT plugged into shore power or if converter is off, it should measure 12.6VDC.  Plugged in with the converter working should read 13.5 minimum voltage.  If you do not get 13.5 + volts when on shore power, the battery is not being charged.  Let us know and we will help with that issue.

grashley said:
Sounds like power problems.  New batteries can come less than fully charged.

Landing gear and slides both require 12VDC power.  It can come from several sources. 1)  Battery.  2) Converter if plugged into shore power.  3) Tow vehicle if connected and TV is running.

I ALWAYS plug into shore power before deploying landing gear and slides and remain plugged in until everything is retracted.  It will not drain the battery that way.

Is your converter working?  Use a volt meter to measure voltage at the battery.  When NOT plugged into shore power or if converter is off, it should measure 12.6VDC.  Plugged in with the converter working should read 13.5 minimum voltage.  If you do not get 13.5 + volts when on shore power, the battery is not being charged.  Let us know and we will help with that issue.

I'm plugged in.  I'm parked. 

On my RV, I have a label next to the switch?s for the slide outs that says I need a battery to operate the slides. Now if my battery was completely dead, I would not by able to operate them

Please check the voltage at the battery.  Even though you are plugged in, if the converter is not working, you could see those issues.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom