Silver Springs State Park, Ocala, FL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AnRVAndADog

This is our second weekend at this amazingly beautiful Florida State Park. On our first visit we hiked the Nature Trail looking for monkeys. This time, during record-tying heat, we went to the tourist section of the Park and we were not even slightly disappointed. Some of the most beautiful and pristine natural spring water you?ll ever see.

Video: https://youtu.be/Kl1cxWZA_TA

Yes, but how many have glass bottom boats where you can see the prop statues left in the main spring after filming a 1967 episode of "I Spy"? ;)

It took some digging, but I knew I had a picture somewhere in our archives. :)

Attachments

• statues.png
    statues.png
    321.5 KB · Views: 20
One of my favorites is Juniper Springs in the Ocala national forest.
My wife and I have paddled just about all of Florida's first magnitude Springs and I describe paddling the Juniper Springs run like I visualize the Garden of Eden must have been.

For those who never have been to the Silver River until recently can't realize how bad the state has screwed up the river. Fortunately the Springs are still beautiful. but the river itself used to be as clear as the springs all the way to where it meets the Oklawaha River six miles down stream.  - About ten years ago, the state in their infinite wisdom decided the run off from route 40 was tainting the river so they did a multiyear project along side of route forty to correct the situation, and every since they finished, from about four miles down from the Springs head the river has been cloudy. Prior to that we would make an annual paddle from Ray wayside up to the Springs and back, but ever since we have been so disappointed we won't even go back.

Jack L

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skinldy71
Back
Top Bottom