rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: no power out of the dash  (Read 115 times)

scroxfo

• ---
no power out of the dash
« on: June 30, 2020, 05:49:22 PM »
2010 Revolution 42w.
I replaced the master switch in the engine bay. two terminals and 3 wires. Don't think I could screw that up, but the next time I took the coach out, started fine but no rear camera, brake lights, turn signals. I also found the slides don't move.
Checked every fuse I could find
Any thoughts on what to check next??

Kevin Means

• ---
  • SolaRVector
    • SolaRVector
Re: no power out of the dash
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 02:10:44 AM »
Those things are on different circuits in our coach, so maybe a main feed wire/connection got disconnected. Whenever a problem occurs after I've been working on something, it's usually because my handy-work (or lack thereof) caused it. I'm usually able to fix it by undoing what I did. What "master switch" is in your engine bay?

Kev
2011 Winnebago Tour 42QD
Towing a Jeep Rubicon Unlimited LJ
RVI Brake 2, TST 507 TPMS, 960 watts of solar, SolaRVector tilt
Lakeside, California

scroxfo

• ---
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 07:13:31 AM »
thanks for the reply. and you sound just like me. I have a main on/off switch in the rear of the coach. It just has two terminals and 3 wires. You can't see the back side of the switch and have to work by brail. Maybe a 4th wire is back there that I can't see. Ok back out to the coach to try to undo what it did.
thanks again.

uchu

• ---
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2020, 07:16:31 PM »
thanks for the reply. and you sound just like me. I have a main on/off switch in the rear of the coach. It just has two terminals and 3 wires. You can't see the back side of the switch and have to work by brail. Maybe a 4th wire is back there that I can't see. Ok back out to the coach to try to undo what it did.
thanks again.

I feel your pain. Done that personally too many times :-\ . I hope that you're able to fix the electrical issue.
1999 Georgie Boy CruiseMaster

Arch Hoagland

• ---
  • Clovis CA
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2020, 09:28:55 PM »
I'm curious why you replaced the master switch to begin with?
2004 Monaco La Palma 36 DBD
W22, 8.1 gas,  Allison 1000 Transmission
7.1 MPG over 90,000 miles

2000 Lexus RX300, 4020lb
U.S. Gear Braking System