Newbie Generaor question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bob58523

Hello All,

New to the forum... basically new to the RV world. Just got my hands on a 1993 Fleetwood bounder 37 (38) foot. I have a question on the onan 7000 marquis generator... gonna sound really dumb. It runs over but will not start, I pretty sure that I need to take the carb off and clean it. But when I went to do that I noticed that a diaphram mount was weld to one of the nuts holding the carb on. Could someone pint me in the right direction for getting that carb off without having to break things :)

thanks in advance,
Bob

Are you getting a spark? It sounds really weird that the nut is welded.

These carbs are pretty simple - you might get away with carb & choke cleaner application. You can also pull the plug and see if it is wet.

No spark will lead you towards the plug and/or any self protective devices like Oil Pressure switch...

Yeah I never saw anything like that either... I did try to loosen it but could see the bracket trying to turn as well... Not sure if there is some trick to it or not. It does have spark, I did get it to run for a few minutes...

How much gas is in your gas tank?  Usually if under a 1/4 tank no gas will go to the Generator.

When was the last time it ever ran? 

There is enough gas in the tank... I had it running for a few minutes just a few weeks ago, then it acted like it ran out of gas, and hasn't started since.

Back
Top Bottom