EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Very Newbee--I need Help--steps won't retract  (Read 1680 times)

clay

• ---
Very Newbee--I need Help--steps won't retract
« on: August 19, 2007, 10:08:21 PM »
I just purchased a 95 Damon Intruder and when I took the unit to a storage area for the weekend the steps won't retract. I have tried multiple combinations of switches on and off to no success.

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
Re: Very Newbee--I need Help--steps won't retract
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 10:28:43 PM »
The steps could be binding possibly due to the need for lubrication or a fuse could have blown.l  Try retracting the steps and at the same time have somebody try pushing them in. If that doesn't work the check the fuse. 
Ron & Sam-home is where we park it. Currently located   HERE

clay

• ---
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 11:59:42 AM »
Thanks.   My posting  wasn't very clear.  The steps will retract with the key in the ignition and the door closed.  If I take the key out of the ignition and open the door to leave the steps will deploy  but stay open and will not retract once I close the door from the outside.

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 12:07:50 PM »
Somewhere near the door there should be a switch for the steps.  Find that switch and place the switch in the other position.  If it is like ours the steps will then open and close whenever the door is opened and closed.
Ron & Sam-home is where we park it. Currently located   HERE

Ned

• Former Staff
  • ---
  • Ned and Lorna are former full time RVers
    • Have you seen Rolling Stock?
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 12:39:28 PM »
That's normal behavior for electric steps.  As Ron stated, look for a switch, probably near the door, that when turned on will let the steps retract whenever the door is closed.  Ours has a light in it when turned on to indicate that the steps are retracted until the door is opened.
-- Ned -- Fulltimer 1997-2013
1997 Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE
2007 GMC Canyon

Hosted by Over The Network