Very Newbee--I need Help--steps won't retract

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clay

I just purchased a 95 Damon Intruder and when I took the unit to a storage area for the weekend the steps won't retract. I have tried multiple combinations of switches on and off to no success.

The steps could be binding possibly due to the need for lubrication or a fuse could have blown.l  Try retracting the steps and at the same time have somebody try pushing them in. If that doesn't work the check the fuse. 

Thanks.  My posting  wasn't very clear.  The steps will retract with the key in the ignition and the door closed.  If I take the key out of the ignition and open the door to leave the steps will deploy  but stay open and will not retract once I close the door from the outside.

Somewhere near the door there should be a switch for the steps.  Find that switch and place the switch in the other position.  If it is like ours the steps will then open and close whenever the door is opened and closed.

That's normal behavior for electric steps.  As Ron stated, look for a switch, probably near the door, that when turned on will let the steps retract whenever the door is closed.  Ours has a light in it when turned on to indicate that the steps are retracted until the door is opened.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom