rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Connecting Solar to two batteries.  (Read 255 times)

Ov1guy

• ---
Connecting Solar to two batteries.
« on: July 16, 2020, 04:23:54 PM »
Greetings. I just replaced an old 12 volt battery with two batteries. I know how to properly connect the two batteries. I have a solar panel that was just connected to the two terminals of the old, single battery. But now with two batteries, how should I connect the solar panel? Positive to the + on one battery and Negative to the - on the other battery? Or to just one battery? Thank you.

ChasA

• ---
Re: Connecting Solar to two batteries.
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2020, 04:32:20 PM »
Are the 2 batteries 6 volt connected in series or 12 volt connected in parallel? If 6 volt, connect your charge line to the negative thats goes to the chassis and the positive of the other battery that feeds the coach (usually red).
Apex, NC
2010 Winnebago journey Express 34Y
2018 Ford Edge SEL
Air Force One towed brakes
Blue Ox towed setup

HueyPilotVN

• ---
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2020, 05:09:16 PM »
Welcome to the Forum.

Are you a Bird Dog pilot?
Bill Waugh
2 Jeep Commanders
Mustang Bracket Race Car
Retired from the road to Lake Havasu after 35 years on the road
Now just another Lurker

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2020, 05:11:55 PM »
Connect just as if the pair were one battery, i.e. the positive on one and the negative of the other. The same as you [presumably] have connected the pair to the RV 12v system.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

LarsMac

• ---
  • Going nowhere fast
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2020, 07:14:43 PM »
Greetings. I just replaced an old 12 volt battery with two batteries. I know how to properly connect the two batteries. I have a solar panel that was just connected to the two terminals of the old, single battery. But now with two batteries, how should I connect the solar panel? Positive to the + on one battery and Negative to the - on the other battery? Or to just one battery? Thank you.

Can we presume that you replaced one 12v battery with two 12v batteries in parallel?
If so, then yes. either of those options will work.
2000 Itasca Sundancer 430V
2007 Saturn Vue

“All I ever needed was a wheel in my hand and four on the road.” -- Apologies, or Thanks, to Jack Kerouac