Connecting Solar to two batteries.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ov1guy

Greetings. I just replaced an old 12 volt battery with two batteries. I know how to properly connect the two batteries. I have a solar panel that was just connected to the two terminals of the old, single battery. But now with two batteries, how should I connect the solar panel? Positive to the + on one battery and Negative to the - on the other battery? Or to just one battery? Thank you.

Are the 2 batteries 6 volt connected in series or 12 volt connected in parallel? If 6 volt, connect your charge line to the negative thats goes to the chassis and the positive of the other battery that feeds the coach (usually red).

Connect just as if the pair were one battery, i.e. the positive on one and the negative of the other. The same as you [presumably] have connected the pair to the RV 12v system.

Ov1guy said:
Greetings. I just replaced an old 12 volt battery with two batteries. I know how to properly connect the two batteries. I have a solar panel that was just connected to the two terminals of the old, single battery. But now with two batteries, how should I connect the solar panel? Positive to the + on one battery and Negative to the - on the other battery? Or to just one battery? Thank you.

Can we presume that you replaced one 12v battery with two 12v batteries in parallel?
If so, then yes. either of those options will work.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom