Rodman Campground, Palatka, FL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AnRVAndADog

Very pleasant and scenic hike along the Canal. Site #47 was the most un-level camp site I'd ever seen... And the site was backwards, the picnic table and firepit were on the backside of the RV. No WiFi. Glad we visited but won't consider returning.

Video: https://youtu.be/-gC3kVPOSaM

Well, once again we're chasing each other around... :)

Rodman is almost an annual stop for us, usually either before or after a couple of weeks at Salt Springs. Last winter we were on site #50 just across from the restrooms for a week, a large and level site. This winter we hope we'll be on site #68 for a week overlooking the canal. Our AT&T hotspot worked well there, but our Visible/Verizon hotspot was quite weak. This year we'll have a new directional MIMO antenna setup, so maybe the Verizon signal will be better as well. We enjoy our time at Rodman and look forward to getting back there if this virus settles down.

Rodman site #47 is a pull-thru with just a view of other campsites and the restrooms. And maybe a bit of the rain water retention pond across the street behind the other sites.

NY_Dutch said:
Well, once again we're chasing each other around... :)
Rodman is almost an annual stop for us, usually either before or after a couple of weeks at Salt Springs. Last winter we were on site #50 just across from the restrooms for a week, a large and level site. This winter we hope we'll be on site #68 for a week overlooking the canal. Our AT&T hotspot worked well there, but our Visible/Verizon hotspot was quite weak. This year we'll have a new directional MIMO antenna setup, so maybe the Verizon signal will be better as well. We enjoy our time at Rodman and look forward to getting back there if this virus settles down.

I could have tolerated the very unlevel site.  I could have tolerated the backwards site. I don't even care about being next to or across the road from the Bathhouse. I get to have my morning coffee and watch the Morning March:

Camper 1: "Look out! Outta my way! Gotta poop!"

Camper 2: Watch out! On your left! Gotta poop! For real!"

But I absolutely have to have WiFi. I have other properties I like to monitor remotely, I like to maintain friends and family. I need prompt traffic and weather info. And now and then I like to stream movies...

Gary RV_Wizard said:
Whether a site is "backwards" depends on whether you have a trailer (back-in) or motorhome, where you want to "front in" if there is a view.

Well... No. If it's a pull-thru off a one-way road then there is no depends. This was a pull-thru off a one-way road and the picnic table and firepit were on the wrong side...

NY_Dutch said:
Rodman site #47 is a pull-thru with just a view of other campsites and the restrooms. And maybe a bit of the rain water retention pond across the street behind the other sites.

Yep. It's really a very nice State Park. I honestly thought the hike along the Canal was one of the best hikes I've been on in a few years. I'm gonna have to rethink my QiFi because I really want to do that hike again...

AnRVAndADog said:
Yep. It's really a very nice State Park. I honestly thought the hike along the Canal was one of the best hikes I've been on in a few years. I'm gonna have to rethink my QiFi because I really want to do that hike again...

That's why we have both AT&T and Verizon (Visible) service. One or the other has always worked for us anywhere we've been. For Rodman it was AT&T, but 20 minutes down the road at Salt Springs Verizon was the winner.

This site is level in Tennessee!  LOL  There are few worse than this one but fortunately not to many.

Attachments

• IMG_20200820_125409~2_copy_864x1152.jpg
    IMG_20200820_125409~2_copy_864x1152.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 17
NY_Dutch said:
That's why we have both AT&T and Verizon (Visible) service. One or the other has always worked for us anywhere we've been. For Rodman it was AT&T, but 20 minutes down the road at Salt Springs Verizon was the winner.

I think that's the only way to do it. I have Boost Mobile (Sprint) and AT&T. Sorint only works at home and AT&T didn't work at Rodman. I think I'll drop Boost and go back to Verizon.

AnRVAndADog said:
I think that's the only way to do it. I have Boost Mobile (Sprint) and AT&T. Sorint only works at home and AT&T didn't work at Rodman. I think I'll drop Boost and go back to Verizon.
Boost may get better now that it'll be using the more extensive T-Mobile network. I don't know how long that transition will take though with the hand off to Dish Wireless in the mix as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoeHoward
Back
Top Bottom