rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: What used RV would you buy for under $90,000?  (Read 310 times)

DonGregorio

What used RV would you buy for under $90,000?
« on: July 30, 2020, 11:44:26 PM »
I've been looking at 2015 or newer used RVs with less than 20,000 miles. There are a lot of options but I find myself looking more at Winnebago and Tiffin options in that range. Any input would be greatly appreciated...

DonGregorio

Re: What used RV would you buy for under $90,000?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2020, 11:48:45 PM »
I forgot to add that I need the RV to sleep 7 as that's my family size... Thanks again! ;D

Figure I'm not getting a DP as my price range is too low...

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2020, 10:27:27 AM »
I'd buy a mid or luxury class DP in the year-range that my $90k budget permitted. That could get you a nice 2007-2008 Winnebago Tour, for example. Or a bit newer Journey or Tiffin Phaeton.  If a gas chassis coach meets your needs, you could be quite a bit newer.

What I'm saying is that year is not important and mileage only slightly so. Condition of the house and chassis are the key factors, so forget your car-buyer mentality that focuses on year & mileage. A well-cared for older RV is perfect for the used buyer, but it may take more shopping and buyer savvy to find the good ones.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

Kevin Means

• ---
  • SolaRVector
    • SolaRVector
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2020, 05:34:39 PM »
Are you looking for something to live in full-time, or to take the family on weekend and holiday camping trips? Our first gas Class A motorhome was a 28 foot Seabreeze with no slides. It could sleep six people. Our next gas Class A motorhome was a 32 foot Tiffin Allegro (single slide) and could sleep eight people. Both of those RVs were designed for families, but personally, I wouldn't want to full-time in either one of them with seven people.

Our current 43 foot diesel pusher can sleep four people, but it was really designed for two people. I think you're going to find that there are a lot of Class A and Class C motorhomes out there in the 30 to 38 foot range that are designed for families. If you're going to be full-timing with seven people, my recommendation would be to go as big as you can.

Kev
2011 Winnebago Tour 42QD
Towing a Jeep Rubicon Unlimited LJ
RVI Brake 2, TST 507 TPMS, 960 watts of solar, SolaRVector tilt
Lakeside, California