rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: RV Tire providers  (Read 321 times)

On The Go

• ---
RV Tire providers
« on: July 31, 2020, 03:43:54 PM »
Has anyone used “Motorhometires.com” for their RV tires compared to FMCA’s program?  Looking for 6 Class A tires.
👮‍♀️ 🚍

2017 Holiday Rambler Navigator XE 36U

chindog

• ---
Re: RV Tire providers
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2020, 04:49:00 PM »
I hadn't heard of that site, so I took a look.  Thanks for posting it.  Looks like I could get a set of Yokohamas for under $3k installed.  Reviews on that brand that I could find seem pretty favorable.  I'm due for new tires before we hit the road again next year (not going anywhere right now due to Covid).
2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
2012 Honda CRV toad

Isaac-1

• ---
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2020, 04:50:28 PM »
I am also tire shopping, and have done some price comparison, at the moment at least on the tires I have looked at the big winner on price seems to be speedytire.com , I have exchanged a couple of emails with them asking about local pickup, as their headquarters are in my home state.  From their reply it seems they are just a tire broker and tires are drop shipped from various supplier warehouses.
2002 Safari Trek 2830

darsben

• ---
  • Retired seeing the USA
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2020, 06:18:10 PM »
Motorhometires.com is just an alias for worldoftires.com.
For my  Hankooks and Samsons they are higher priced
1990 Fleetwood Southwind on P30 chassis located in
Central NY in summer and beautiful Casa Grande AZ in winter

Utclmjmpr

• ---
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2020, 07:10:34 PM »
 There is really no such thing as "RV tires" most any tire shop can and will provide the tires your RV requires.. It's all about shopping around,, online cost savings are offset be shipping and minimum purchases..>>>Dan  ( Shopping at your local dealers also has the advantage of working with them for the latest manufacturing date codes available..)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 07:13:03 PM by Utclmjmpr »
Vary rare American Tradition 38TT/330 turbo Cummins
Last year Jeep liberty 4 down
72 VW Baja 4 down
Cedar City, Utah
USAF vet. 59-63
FMCA F312919
The difference between intelligence & stupidity is: intelligence has it's limits
      Albert Einstein.

On The Go

• ---
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2020, 07:22:21 AM »
I hadn't heard of that site, so I took a look.  Thanks for posting it.  Looks like I could get a set of Yokohamas for under $3k installed.  Reviews on that brand that I could find seem pretty favorable.  I'm due for new tires before we hit the road again next year (not going anywhere right now due to Covid).

I checked further, as Chindog mentioned 6 Yokohama’s for under $3,000.  All tires are current new manufacture dates, they replace all valve stems, install & balance tires (included in price) plus currently offer on site installation for free, normally $99.00
👮‍♀️ 🚍

2017 Holiday Rambler Navigator XE 36U

phil-t

• ---
  • Moving Along
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2020, 08:11:59 AM »
There is really no such thing as "RV tires" most any tire shop can and will provide the tires your RV requires.. It's all about shopping around,, online cost savings are offset be shipping and minimum purchases..>>>Dan  ( Shopping at your local dealers also has the advantage of working with them for the latest manufacturing date codes available..)

Except, when we have no "local tire dealer" willing to order for us and work with us on mounting and installation, etc.  In which case on-line is a great option; I have two shops that can deal with the tires I buy and mount them, I use and standby balance beads for the balancing aspect of my new tires.  I have had my TOYOS for 3 years now, and 20k miles, without issue; mounted by a local mechanic.  I did the install on the MH.  And, if you shop around some on-line places run specials on NO shipping for 4 or more tires.
2010 Winnebago Vista 32K on an '09 F53 22K Ford V-10 gas chassis.
2014 Cadillac SRX in tow.
CHF, DIY rear TrackBar
Retired - Moving Along

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2020, 08:35:43 AM »
Depending on the specific size, I would think you could buy 6 large Yokohoma tires most anywhere for around $3000. Or Sumitomo or Hankook or even Toyos for that price.  For example, I paid $510 each for Toyo 295/80R22.5 at a local commercial tire dealer and 295/80's are a higher priced size than the more common 275/70.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

uchu

• ---
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2020, 12:04:35 PM »
It really depends on the local market conditions. And size, of course. As reference, I got 6 Toyos installed (M154; 245/70R19.5) for $3,000CAD (about $2,300USD) at a local tire shop, earlier this year. They've been great, so far, except for the funky sulphur-rubbery smell when brand new. (Now it's less intense).
1999 Georgie Boy CruiseMaster

WILDEBILL308

• ---
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2020, 12:56:23 PM »
I bought 275/80R 22.5 load range "H" Continentals through the FMCA program for $505.00 each out the door. When you are comparing prices make sure you are including all the addon fees and make shure the date codes are new. I wouldn't settle for anything over 6 months.
Bill
2008 Newmar Mountain Aire
450 HP ISM Cummins
Allison 4000MH Trans.
Towing 2014 Honda CRV
Home base Fort Worth, Texas
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain-

Ex-Calif

• ---
  • Dan from Dayton...
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2020, 04:26:19 PM »
I found a Goodyear place near me that did trucks and buses. They would have allowed drop shipment of any tire I wanted. Eventually let them source a pair of Continental Class Gs for the front at like $380 each.  Installation and a wheel alignment that included shimming (my alignment was way out) got me out the door for a skosh less than $1000 including Uncle DeWine's share...

"Marvin" - 1997 Georgie Boy Pursuit 3150 - P30 Chev 454
Various classic MGBs
Ex-liveaboard boater - Class A newbie in sponge mode

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2020, 10:54:01 AM »
The brochure says his 2017 Navigator XE uses 255/70R22.5 tires.  Besides Michelin, there are excellent offerings in that size from Bridgestone, BF Goodrich, Firestone, Yokohoma, Toyo, Sumitomo, Kumho and Goodyear.  You may not be familiar with all those brand names but all are internationally respected and definitely not cheap China bombs".

I have no reason to discourage you from using an online tire discounter such as motorhometires.com or simpletire.com or tires-easy.com, but it's often easier and no more expensive to use a local commercial (truck) tire shop to source one of the lesser known brand names. Shop around a bit before you decide.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL