Final(?) Versions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

8Muddypaws

Since I upgraded to the latest versions of Cubase ( I was 4 years behind) I've had time to learn how to use it more effectively.  I've also been tracking and mixing stuff almost every day of the quarantine.  I 'think' these two are ready for mastering.  I'm hoping to sell the songs to someone with a decent voice, or someone with at least a checkbook.  I have several more in process.

Keep in mind that these are 'songwriter demos'.  I used to be a singer, not so much these days.  Please, use headphones, earbuds or speakers so you can hear it all.

https://soundcloud.com/russell-causey/the-thing-about-love

https://soundcloud.com/russell-causey/youre-the-reason

Very impressive Russ.  :)) :)) :)) You should submit these to Garth Brooks. He uses a lot of outside writers. If you really want to impress Garth then write a song about rodeos. He loves rodeos and so do his fans so he tries to put one rodeo song on every album. Very impressive piano solo in You're the Reason.

Wow! Nicely done, Russ. And I agree with Tom that You're The Reason is commercial quality, whether it's Garth or any of several others out there.

Wonderful Russ, congratulations! Let's hope one or both go commercial

It occurs to me that in some quarters You're The Reason might be called "too country," since it's a rather traditional country song, but there are others such as Mo Pitney, Teah Goans, Moe Bandy, Alan Jackson, Patty Loveless, Joshua Hedley and many others are still having hits in that field. I had DW listen to it, and she was amazed ( "Who is that? It's great. He's a good singer, too." ).

Aw shucks!  Give her a big thanks from me.

It takes a lot of electronics and digital trickery to sound like that.  But I won't tell.  :-X

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom