RVDataSat - UHF Internet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks like the web site was built using one of those free site generators, they also give no technical details, don't say which cell network they work on, etc.  Overall it looks much like plans being offered by OTR Mobile and others, just these people are charging more, and pushing a higher device without an option for a lower end access point.

p.s. it is hard to tell which Pepwave router they are selling for $419, but if it is the BR1 mini as implied in one of their photos, it sells online from the 5G store for $399 or less depending on exact model.

Yeah - My bad... Probably should have linked the original context...

https://rvlife.com/unrestricted-internet-access-for-rvers/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email

Ah, ok so it is on the T-Mobile network, which does not have the best coverage, but they are getting better very quickly.  I carried one of their 20 gig 30 day demo hotspots on my 25 day loop from Louisiana to the Grand Canyon in October, as a backup to my AT&T CCU plan hotspot, there were places where T-Mobile got signal and AT&T didn't and vice versa.  On average I would say AT&T had more / better signal in more places on that trip which included stops in Amarillo, Sante Fe & Aztec, NM, Goosenecks State Park, UT, Wahweap campground in Page, AZ, Grand Canyon NP, Flagstaff, Petrified Forest NP, Springerville, AZ, Gila NF NM, El Paso, Fort Stockton, etc.  In fact T-Mobile was the only provider to have any signal in Gila NF, and at Mather Campground at the Grand Canyon, it was weak, but there was some signal, think checking email, not streaming video.

Having said that OTR mobiles pink blast plan is also on T-Mobile and is $10 less per month, of course you would have to buy the Pepwave elsewhere, but that is easy enough to do.  I am not sure exactly how it works out with activation fees, etc. but it is close, and OTR is a known quantity even if they had some issues a few months ago when they were forced to switch from AT&T network to T-Mobile due to AT&T dropping them on short notice.

I just signed up for FMCA (Family Motor Coach Assn)  Tec Connect last month

Sprint Mi-Fi device (Sprint is now merged. somewhat with T-Mobile merger is not complete on the technical side however)
Slightly rounded the price is 50/month (49.45) and that is the TOTAL price not 49.95 so sayeh my credit card statement.  Check out price is around 100 (includes set up and the devi ce) 4Glte which.. depending on wher I am is all ahead dead slow (here) to 60 Mbps or more (Other campground in my area I stay at)  T-mobile phone is aroung 20 here and 60 there.
T-mobile has "Throttled" limits (unlimited but hotspot is now throttled more on that shortly and phone use gets switched to a lower priority in another 15 Gigs or so (80 hotspot 100 PHone)

NORMALLY before Tec Connect.
Reset dater 12th
Usually hotspot throttled by the 19th
Phone by the 25th
This month (With tech connect which is basically useless here) I got the Hot Spot Throttled message.. Yesterday .  I am happy  with it..  If it works the same i SC this winter Happy will be an understatement. 

I'll stick with my AT&T and Verizon unlimited plans that total $48/mo. Yes they're both temporarily prioritized on congested towers, but that has so seldom been noticeable that it's not really a factor.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom