Garmin C320

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BernieD

Garmin has been running a TV commercial recently featuring Yao Ming, the basketball center for the Houston Rockets and on his car dashboard is the Garmin C320. While looking up something else in Costco, I saw the C320, sales price $599.99 including the usual accessories. It includes the MapSource City Select mapping program. Anyone familiar with the C320 or City Select ??? And how would City Select compare to City Navigator ???

Bernie:

A phone call to Garmin might get you a definitive answer.

Just looking at their web site I suspect the two programs are identical other than what is needed to customize them for their target hardware.  The City Select can be purchased as a standalone software product whereas the Navigator cannot.  I suspect the Navigator is basically the same program but given free on the high end hardware such as the 2610-20.  The only reason for my suspicion is the similarity of the visual displays shown in the software descriptions for the two products.

Smoky said:
Bernie:

A phone call to Garmin might get you a definitive answer.

Just looking at their web site I suspect the two programs are identical other than what is needed to customize them for their target hardware.  The City Select can be purchased as a standalone software product whereas the Navigator cannot.  I suspect the Navigator is basically the same program but given free on the high end hardware such as the 2610-20.  The only reason for my suspicion is the similarity of the visual displays shown in the software descriptions for the two products.

Smoky

Did call Garmin and found that the data is similar in both mapsets, they are customized, Select with the 3D view and Navigator has more detail for exits and turnarounds. Still would like to get user reaction to the new product if someone has it.

Yao Ming, the basketball center for the Houston Rockets

Not being a sports follower, I wondered why on earth Garmin would have such a lifeless personality in their commercial.  Compared to the old guy, the contrast is so distracting, I hardly noticed the model of GPS!   

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom