Rocky Mountain National Park August 2020 COVID Getaway

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
X

X-Roughneck

Hello Board,

We have ventured to Beautiful Estes Park, Colorado attempting to escape the Blast Furnace Temps of our Beloved Chihuahuan Desert down in West Texas. 

That part of the trip has gone without a hitch in our giddy up.  Actually the entire trip up has been relaxing with the exception of the Denver traffic on IH 25. 

I did get a couple great shots while herded up with all the other Iron Horses as we sat idle in the rush hour traffic I said I was going to avoid.  My prior planning of avoiding rush hour was exceptional, my eXecution of the plan failed.  I will tell you that Empower Field Looks Great at 1215 PM from my perspective from IH 25 though.

Luckily for the board we have a adventure awaiting so instead of the Normal Manifestos posted from somewhere deep in the woods, I will abbreviate the trip to Cliff Note Fashion.  Well Cliff notes to me anyway.  I am on regular laptop so at least I can Peck around with two fingers.

As a semi new RVr I like to try and hit the National Parks the Iconic Tourist Spots.  The Bucket list places we as Americans have on our Bucket lists.  So far we have bee fortunate enough to see Rushmore, Badlands, Monument Valley, Grand Canyon, Bryce, Arches National Parks in Utah.

Currently we are in Estes Park Colorado, we are in the process of 10 day entry planned into the Park.

Note: Visit National Park Website for purchasing 2 dollar entrance window tickets.  Today I have a TIX that allows me all day entry and my window is 8 to 10 am.  I have entered the park twice and I can tell you that entrance tickets are a must I have see multiple cars being denied entry. 

The RMNP is a huge area.  Over 350 Miles of Hiking trails.  I am just rattling off facts I have read.  With 350 miles you need to know what trails you want to attempt and what length and elevation increase you can expect from trail head start elevation to Destination elevation. 
Google can be overwhelming as to results.

For the Over Planners Like myself. Stop.

Purchase a $1 dollar Copy of Rocky Mountain National Park Hiking Adventures in a Rocky Mountain National Park Visitor.  I will lay out two nice day plans for anyone thinking about coming to RMNP.  One will be for people who may want to view incredible scenery from the comfort of their car to the next where you want to get out and hike a few miles.  Both are approx. 4 hours to complete.

(Driving): From Estes Park Enter (Beaver Meadows RMNP Entrance) On highway 36.  Pay and continue thru park passing Bear Lake Road to Left (Mental Note for you Hiking adventure I will lay out next) Keep going to (Deer Ridge Junction) Take fork to the Right following Fall River Road. Continue for about a mile and take dirt road 9 mile (Old Fall River Road- Left) to the Alpine Visitor center at almost 11,000 ft.  To the dirt road is 5 minutes with no traffic from pay station.  Ample parking  was available at the Alpine Visitor Center around 1130 when we arrived. 

Note: Do not take the paved trail rim road up as you will have to back track.  Take the Dirt, one Way road if you come up in season.  The Road is safe.  It is limited to vehicles 25 or 21 ft?NO RVs for sure! To give you perspective.  I read that it takes 6 weeks to remove 30 ft of snow on these roads in the spring.

On the way down take the Trail Rim Road and enjoy Lakes and all kind of wonderful views from the bald Tundra above the tree lines.  Continue back to that same junction where you came in initial but this time turn left on Fall river Road following it to Sheep Lake exiting the Park on Highway 34 thru the Fall River Visitor Center continuing on right back thru the tourist zone of Estes Park on Elkhorn AVE.  Download the Free Estes Park Parking App! On the Google Store. This is a good 4 hour quick day trip.  I would say a for sure itinerary.  Good for a day one trying to get use to the altitude of Estes Park 7522 ft and at Alpine Center of almost 11,000 ft. 

I did get a little light headed when I would bend down and raise up for a few days. 

(Hiking): I will lay out a good baseline test you can assess physical skill assessment hike.  This route will allow you to see 4 Lakes, Bear (Wheel Chair Loop), Nymph (E), Dream (E), and Emerald (M), lakes. 

All were considered easy hikes except Emerald at Moderate. 

Emerald tops out at 10,100 ft. 

You start at Bear Lake at 9400 ft.  Check out some google pictures of these place to get some better pictures to help you decide.  This hike is in the Bear Lake area as I spoke of earlier.  Enter Park, Take first left to the Bear Lake.  The signs and the rangers will tell you if you if you have to shuttle to the end of that 9 mile Bear Lake Road or note.  This is I think the most popular area of the park. 

Estes Park has 2 entrances coming into these area of the park.  Always take the Higher Highway Number 36 to enter it seems to me because 34 the Fall River entrance is closer to hotels and tourist zone.

We entered at 0800 Saturday Had to park in Park and Ride.  Shuttles are limited to 20 persons.  No Crowds and ample parking at Shuttle Area.  I would say probably my 65 people in the area to try and ride the shuttle 4 more miles to Bear lake.  Arrived bear lake 15 min after arrival (Masks) everybody for the most part were suited up in COVID Apparel.

Walked Bear Lake (.5 mile wheel chair assessable) and then, up slightly to Nymph and Dream which are ?easy? then up to Emerald Lakes.  These three additional lakes are 3.6 miles round trip.

We arrived bear lake at 0845 and back to the shuttle and our Jeep at 1145 so 3 hours. 

For My 58 year old self I could still feel the altitude a few days after arrival.  We walk about 3 miles a day in the early morning back in Texas, but I still felt whipped at the end of the day.

Then refer back to your $1 trail list which has mileage listed and you will be able to assess what you want to do later in your RMNP eXcursion,

Today we are going Highway 7 to the Lily Lake .8 mile Wheel chair accessible loop and just check out that area because I bet it will have lesser crowds as the weekenders need to start packing up and leaving the area.

John

Attachments

• Emerald Lake 10100 ft RMNP.jpg
    Emerald Lake 10100 ft RMNP.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 17
Trail Rim Road
I presume you mean Trail Ridge Road. It usually (not always) opens around Memorial Day, but on occasion there's enough late snow to make the opening later, or sometimes to close it again for a day or three.

For My 58 year old self I could still feel the altitude a few days after arrival.  We walk about 3 miles a day in the early morning back in Texas, but I still felt whipped at the end of the day.
From sea level, even at 5,000 ft. Denver, it usually takes a couple of weeks (with some exercise) to get fully acclimated. At the much higher elevations in the Park it's likely to take longer.

Nice writeup, John. Thanks for that. Be sure to drink LOTS of water, even when you're not thirsty, to avoid altitude sickness (can be very serious). In that dry air (much like W. Tex only more so) you often don't realize how much water you lose, and quite a number of folks have gotten sick like that over the years. Of course not overdoing the exertion is another help.

Enjoy!

Larry N. said:
I presume you mean Trail Ridge Road.
[/quote/]

Larry,
I was just checking to see if anybody was Paying attention. I will go back and edit and post a couple pics later also.

Fabulous area. Weather feels like November in Texas up here.

John

Today I will share yesterday's eXcursion with the forum.

We are at Spruce Lake RV. BTW Here on the western edge of Estes Park. Perfect location in respect to the tourist zone, located near a back road to Safeway Grocery. I would definitely return to this park. We love it. Mini Golf (Yea, I still got it.  8)  )

Mini golf once every 5 years for me, whether I need it or not. Getting back on topic... drifted.

We drove about 6 miles on highway 7 to RMNP Lily lake. As I approached I noticed quite a few cars parked along the roadway. I did hear that this is common in the park as people are just exploring.

Arrive Lily Lake Parking lot. No Ranger Station here as this is an official part of park but no toll station. At the entrance area there was a sign that you must have a sfaggered entrance $2 ticket to walk the .8 mile Beautiful Loop.

On the flat wheelchair loop we encountered 6 humans. There was a man and his daughter on the shore and we passed 3 women walking.

I will drift briefly as it is in my nature. I am a team player on Covid Prevention. I just can't understand the lack of common courtesy from the folks that if we are going to be walking on a narrow path incoming routes to each other, and you are not a Covid team player, please shut your gossip hole until you get out of my spittle area. This non team covid player had to be mid 70s. Not sure if it was a Lack of human respect or common sense?

From here we went back to RV and I put on my Lars Chef Hat and became Jaque Pierre and I whipped up some bacan and eggs and we did a afternoon stroll on the Estes lake walkway. (Visitor center to Marina), 2 mile sidewalk total route.

We Parked at the visitor center 4 story free parking lot built in 2017 near the New power plant to Estes Park that was built after some big flood in 1982 I believe. Prior to that the Stanley (I guess Stanley Steamer?) Had built a power plant in 1920s that supplied the town its elec power.

Great little easy day as we are fortunate enough to be traveling with our two Chinese Shar Pei and we like to get back and walk them.

Today a Lazy Day taking in Alberta Falls here back thru entrance 36 highway (Beaver Meadows Western Entrance)

90% solution to your RMNP itinerary creation problems.  Pick up this Handy Trail Listing for $1 inside the Beaver Creek, Alpine, or Fall River RMNP Visitor centers

Attachments

• RMNP Hiking Adventures.jpg
    RMNP Hiking Adventures.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 8
  • RMNP Trail list.jpg
    RMNP Trail list.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 11
I will continue with the post to entertain myself and for future reference for board members if they are too planning their First Trip to RMNP. 

I am sure my old RMNP tips and tricks have been discussed 1000X over on this forum, but here goes another share of Free, 1st hand, Fresh info of a great, ?Fairly Easy? Hike in RMNP this AM.

Entered the park approx 830 AM with our 8 to 10 2 hr staggered COVID window ticket in hand. The only stipulation to the tickets are you cannot enter before your START time printed on your two hour entry window ticket, but the Ranger does not scan the ticket so in reality we could have entered today any time after 0800 hrs. Remember you will also have to purchase the $25 Day Pass or $70 Annual Ticket too, or have access pass.

If you can not obtain the 2 hour stagger entry tickets on the net prior to arrival you can enter before 6 am or after 5 PM.  Apparently the ?Chatter? in the park it?s pretty busy early pre 6 am.  I have not verified. We will do that ourselves one day while we are here to ridge the Trail Ridge Road to see wildlife.

Today?s activity took us back to Bear Lake Area of RMNP. 

The turn to Bear Lake is to almost the immediate left as you enter Beaver Meadows Entrance toll station to the park. This is one of the major tourist areas and leads to the only partially open Campgrounds in Moraine Park and Glacier Gorge areas off Bear Lake road.

All parking lots in the Bear Lake region were full when we entered.  So we shuttled down from park and ride again to Glacier Gorge and got off.  The next stop up would have been Bear Lake Shuttle area and Trail Heads.  There are multiple Moderate to Difficult Hike all originating from these same points I have described in this thread are just trails we selected because our Physical Skill sets, so don't think that this is all that you can hike to from these trips I am describing.

Our Hike today originated at Glacier Gorge Trail Head /bus stop and hiked up the mountain to Alberta Falls (.6 mile), back up to further to Bear Lake (.5 mile) trailhead, walked the Bear lake (.5 mile) today in the opposite Direction and shuttled back out as we did the previous trip into the park / from the shuttle Bus Area (main) and bused back to Jeep at Park and Ride (half way down Bear Lake Road).  This entire day trip took about three hours to complete due to waiting on shuttle.  Today when we left there were probably about 100 looking to get on the shuttle down to the trailheads.

Alberta falls can be reached also from Bear Lake Trail head also and you will be going down hill if you start here. You can catch the Glacier Gorge Shuttle back to park and ride.  The buses take off COVID Max 20 full from Bear Lake so It may be a few until you can get on from Glacier Gorge if you hike down and bus back out from this point.  Alberta Falls is also in that Tourist Trap photo opportunity so the tails will not be empty.

I loved the multiple points to take incredibly beautiful photos leading to the top of Alberta Falls. 

Today, I thought to myself.  OK, now I know where those beautiful waterfalls are located that you see in all those magazine advertisements photos that make you go WOW,.. I wonder where that is?  They are Right Here on the Alberta Falls Trail!!!! 

Alberta Falls are so beautiful from various vantage points as they flow down the mountain.

I am a super fan of Big Nature. 

The Beauty is Incredible here within RMNP.  Epic Views that calm the soul. 

Visual Therapy. 

John

I will Share a useful planning link below as one will most likely be forced to shuttle bus unless your a early morning riser, or plan on  bicycle to the various trail head start points.

COVID precautions are in place and thankfully most people are taking it seriously. I do feel as if the bank robber mask could come in handy if times get tough too.  ;D Only Joking. I back the Blue. Give me Law and Order. Lots of it!

Here is the shuttle bus station map. I feel as if you should try and board either at Park and Ride or Bear Lake stations are best where initially boarding take place. Rationale busses leave full with 20 people and if 1 person departs then 1 boards at smaller stops. If you want to hike, be prepared to shuttle.

I mentioned eaier people parking anywhere and taking off hiking.

Note: After park and ride area where you board there are no parking on side of road/ Tow warnings.

The bus url

https://rockymountainnationalpark.com/get-around/shuttles

Observation.

Spruce lake RV. Is a private campground near Beaver Meadows Toll Entrance. Park is Mature, but well kept. It is in the $70 range per night. River runs along Edge of Campground. Fenced dog park not in ideal area, but centrally located near bath houses.

I saw other private options coming in from Longmont North of Denver exit 243 off IH 25. Nice Low stress drive into Spruce Lake RV as you are not affected by the circus atmosphere of craziness in the tourist zone.

Near Beaver Meadows Toll entrance there is a LARGE Sunny Camp ground. Private, looks to desolate for my likings.

We also toured the two RMNP campgrounds that are open, looping thru in Jeep. I just explained I was RECON for future trips and Rangers said sure. Here is a map. These have No Hook Ups and In certain Areas there were No Generator signs. I saw a few sites I liked in both loops, but if extended staying you are going to have to tote gray and black or drive to dump if tanks are small.

All for now. Off to Gem Lake in the less popular Lumpy Ridge Area. This shows to be a 3.6 mile moderate hike. Evevation 1000 ft higher than trail head start.

Did someone say Adventure? Sign me up. Got water. Will Travel.

John

Today we Hiked to Gem Lake.  Trailhead/ Parking Lot is very close to Old Stanley Hotel actually. 

This Hike was also was accomplished in under 4 hours.

Much more strenuous than the other hikes we have done here to date.

Lumpy Ridge Trail Head 7852

Gem Lake 8830?

Distance  1.7 mile one way

Park Rangers had set up a make shift ticket check station as entering the parking lot. in the Road Way looking for date on the access pass.
This hike was rated moderate in the hiking guides.  Emerald Lake also rated moderate.  Gem Lake is 1000 ft above the trail head start.  A walking stick comes in real handy at Gem Lake. 

I carry my Father?s old stick and it is almost as he is here with me.

I was a bit concerned about the 1000? rise before we left this AM but figured under two miles out we should give it a go. 

The rise was more drastic than going to Emerald.  Makes sense as Emerald is only 600 FT above the bear lake trailhead.

We hiked, took a bunch of pics and it took us 1:50 Minutes to get to the top.  We were back at the Jeep at 3 Hr 15 Min mark. Definitely I would not hike this one without proper foot wear. 

Tightly laced ankle boots for us.

I will classify this in the Butt Kicker Category, but again I am old.

Tomorrow we plan on starting at Wild Basin Trailhead to Calypso Cascades and Copeland Falls.

Sharing a link on the construction of the RMNP. This Great park like Rushmore was built by Droves of Young people back during the Great Depression up until all funds were shifted to the WWII effort.

Did you know the Presidents on Rushmore were to be from Waist line, belt line Up instead of faces? If you want to see that large but small scale version visit Mount Rushmore Sculptures studio and view the work.

What prompted me to share this was as I climbed Rocks and walked Paths yesterday I Saw the Holes drilled in the Rock, I could See on Gem Lake Path how the Blew paths for foot explorers, I saw the rods pinning boulders anchoring for safe passage.

Before we went to Custer I never heard of CCC or knew what they were about.

Another fact about Custer there are only 1 or 2 natural lakes in That park. Yep. All man made by youth, Directed by some old crusty AH yelling at them to get it done.

A Good Read

https://www.nps.gov/articles/rocky-mountain-ccc-camps.htm

John

Today we drove out to Wild Basin Area of RMNP, passed Lily Lake (mentioned Previously) Was about a 30 minute drive. Passed Long's Peak with a Beautiful view point looking up at over 14,000 ft from the road below.. I was chewing the fat with a Ranger on a bus couple days ago, and I had brought up a park radio traffic conversation of a accident in the park where they were closing access temporarily.

I asked him what that was about and he said a 6 year old hand fallen 30 ft and busted his face up pretty bad. He said accidents are very common occurrence within the park. He told me of a couple weeks ago someone had fallen a couple hundred ft to their death on Long's Peak. I could only imagine what those Ice covered conditions were like.

From a casual stroll to X-treme RMNP has a trail for you. Non Hikers will love it too. Estes Park has a German / European feel to it to me down in the tourist zone.

Wild Basin Trailhead 8566'

3.4 Mile RT

700' gain

Copeland Falls to Calypso Cascades. Be sure to follow the dirt road all the way to the end, where the ranger station is.

I can say this was a beautiful fairly easy 700 ft climb as it felt gradual. A few steep sections of the trail. Much easier than Gem Lake the day before.. Little bit steep at the end.

Views are incredible of both the Cascade and Falls. No problem parking and loved this because it is away from the crowds in the Bear Lake Region.

I would say if you can walk three miles you can make this hike for sure.

I can say we have been WOWED up here on a daily basis. If your a Fan of Big Nature, this place checks all the boxes twice.

Going to the Thursday Estes Park Farmers Market / craft bazaar, not sure but it is in Visitor center area. We saw it last week but did not make it.

Going to do another hike of a couple miles on Friday as of yet, undetermined.

For anyone coming to the park that wants to hike. Go to the Visitor Center, Buy that $1 hiking guide. That will help people of all physical skill sets select routes within their capabilities. From Wheel Chair Bound to world class thrill seekers. It is a quick reference so you can get on multiple trails making good trail selections for your group.

John

X-Roughneck said:
Sharing a link on the construction of the RMNP. This Great park like Rushmore was built by Droves of Young people back during the Great Depression up until all funds were shifted to the WWII effort.

Did you know the Presidents on Rushmore were to be from Waist line, belt line Up instead of faces? If you want to see that large but small scale version visit Mount Rushmore Sculptures studio and view the work.

What prompted me to share this was as I climbed Rocks and walked Paths yesterday I Saw the Holes drilled in the Rock, I could See on Gem Lake Path how the Blew paths for foot explorers, I saw the rods pinning boulders anchoring for safe passage.

Before we went to Custer I never heard of CCC or knew what they were about.

Another fact about Custer there are only 1 or 2 natural lakes in That park. Yep. All man made by youth, Directed by some old crusty AH yelling at them to get it done.

A Good Read

https://www.nps.gov/articles/rocky-mountain-ccc-camps.htm

John

JD this post might interest you.

https://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,127039.msg1163281.html#msg1163281

Glad you are enjoying your trip.  We visited Estes Park and I did not like it one bit, too busy for me.  We didn't spend a lot of time in the park either, we did one hike, I think Bear Lake and then headed back up Trail Ridge, it had just opened and closed again about an hour after we drove over it.  We were lucky that day.  We did see lots of Moose in one area of the park which was great.

Jackie I saw some Pre Covid videos on you tube about Estes Park and it is Nothing like what I saw. I am going to consider this a WIN. Lots of people up here but we have hiked 15 miles in the park and crowds are not bad. I loathe crowds and traffic. It is a new Covid world I guess?

Right now traffic is flowing. No long lines getting in the park coming in at Beaver Meadows side anyway.

John

jackiemac said:
JD this post might interest you.

https://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,127039.msg1163281.html#msg1163281

Glad you are enjoying your trip.  We visited Estes Park and I did not like it one bit, too busy for me.

Jackie

I would be interested to hear what time Frame you were at RMNP?  I did Google that 2015 to 2019 over 4 million visitors per year. It is so close to some big cities and Centrally Located to it is a Magnet for sure.

As for the link you shared on the CCC. that was a great read lots of good input from the board members.

I like the comment by (Great Horned Owl) Where he stated the Gov put millions to work during the Great Depression deciding that Conservation would be the approach not to kill private industry which was struggling. Creating the CCC. Leaving a Legacy for us fortunate saps to enjoy years later, although RMNP was EST 1915. The CCC really Boomed during the depression years.

It was a unique time to Live for sure. You had Nature to Enjoy. No Distractions. Barely any cars.

I awed at the construction of those CCC Custer, SD  pigtail bridges. Just put yourself in that situation. The tools they had at their disposal.  Primitive Air tools dynamite, tractors I don't mean to imply these are like the Pyramids of Egypt, but still pretty primitive.

I loved seeing the air compressor display left over at Mount Rushmore on the Presidents Trail. Seeing the Granite at the bottom of those Iconic Faces knowing some of those chunks that fell off those faces have not moved or been touched since it fell when chiseled or blown off during construction. I would be willing to bet cash money that compressor I looked at at Rushmore may have run from that exact spot on the trail the display was created, who knows?

My Dad would have been 99 this past July had he lived. He passed in 2013.

He use to tell me stories of the Great Depression and how nobody had anything. Total collapse of the economy. The Dust Bowl. Him and my Mom grew up on a farm in Nebraska. May God bless their Souls. These people knew how to work. My Dad still had his hay Bailer tool the stories he would tell me of his youth i remember well.

Kind of drifts off the CCC, but as with the Halt of all CCC projects was the total effort of all resources and MFG shifted towards building the War Machine and Fighting WWII.

So with my parents being raised on farms they were fed but self sustaining had very little due to depression then War production effort which then created rationing and Gov limiting various products providing coupons limiting amounts people could purchase.

The men of the CCC all went off to Volunteer to storm the beaches of Normandy and Iwo Jima and the like. The Greatest Generation. Not many like that around anymore.

My Dad went from the Farm to the Army, and my Mom's Dad actually had German Prisoners Of War,  real live Germans working on their Farm in Nebraska, USA.

The Depression spawned the CCC the Park both National and State Parks. The Total WWII ramp up to war Killed the CCC projects.

We have some Great CCC Parks in Texas. There are some You Tubers I have to share. They don't try to sell you product X they share great documentaries on Texas Parks. (RV Texas Y'all)

These Young Men of the CCC, well the only adjective that properly describes them are, well.
.. Bad AsXes.

Lynx0849 said:
I might have missed it but did you make the drive up to the visitor center on trail ridge road near the continents divide yet? Are you planning to?

Yes we took the dirt road on the way up to the Alline Visitor center and paved Trail Ridge Road (Thank You Larry) on the way down.

It got buried somewhere back in Chapter 70.

John

JD, it was June 2009.  It wasn't so much that there were too many people, just that it was a big sprawl and as it had been snowing / raining it wasn't the prettiest.

We saw the moose up at Burgess Junction, there were a lot of them in the willow.

We hiked a bit of Cub Lake and Bear Lake and then headed out to Trail Ridge as the road had just reopened.  As I said earlier, it closed not long after we went over it as the snow started when we were on the road.  :D

Yesterday we hiked Bierstadt Lake and Sprague Lakes.  Both Lakes are located in the Bear Lake Region of the Park.  We had 10 days of staggered tickets purchased to RMNP.  One day we did not enter the park and one day we drove up to the Alpine Visitor center so we had Eight days where we got our morning eXercise hiking the well worn paths in RMNP.

Sprague is Wheel chair loop at .8 mile and offers views of the Glaciers high up Rockies. Great Selfie Loop as the mountains offer some of the prettiest views in the park too.  We saw a group of anglers out testing their fly fishing skills.  So beautiful.  No problem parking in the adjacent parking lot.

The Bierstadt trail led us up the face of the mountain 600ft above the road way.  Trail was narrow and this trail really felt like like mountain hiking, the wind in your face and you could look down the STEEP incline and see the road below.  This trail had more feel of be careful where you step as a roll down the steep face of this mountain could mean certain real Pain best case scenario, probably worse.

We were able to like over 20 miles In the park.  Selected all routes by using the Rocky Mountain Hiking Guide available at any visitor center of the RMNP.  You need this Guide. 

After being in the area for a week I have made some assumptions that may or may not be true.

For myself, this was the perfect time to visit the park.  COVID staggered tickets are limited to 4000 per day.  This is divided out over the time frame of 6 AM to 5 PM.  If we do the math of 4000 x30=120,000 people ?vs- previous year tallies of over 4 Million per year.  4,000,000 / 12= 333,000 per month average.

We have had Chamber of Commerce weather during our stay where the thin air of the day and breeze leads to nights just running the fan and I find myself getting up and turning on the heat in the AM.

The rest of our time we will venture to Grand Lake and we have not done any eXploring of the EP area tourist zone.  Plenty to take in around here. 

Trails we were fortunate enough to enjoy

Bear Lake Nature Trail (Wheel Chair Loop)
Dream Lake
Nymph Lake
Emerald Lake
Bierstadt Lake
Alberta Falls
Sprague Lake (Wheel Chair Loop)
Gem Lake
Lily Lake (Wheel Chair Loop)
Calypso Cascades
Copeland Falls

Don?t forget the Thursday Farmer?s Market 8-1 pm in the Visitor Center Parking Lot.  Lots of Great Foods, neat cool, well run in a COVID world.

Our Adventure is not over by any stretch but this Review of RMNP is. 

I am going to give this Epic Place my Roughneck 5 Star Stamp of Approval.

5 Stars of Awesome, Big Nature!!

Edited: Oh, yeah, Don't forget to plan and book your Staggered Entry Tickets.  I just went to RMNP to see about today.  Sold Out...Smh

John

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom