Serenading the neighbors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Chris snapped a couple of pics of a guitar and uke.

Attachments

• Guitar2x.jpg
    Guitar2x.jpg
    319 KB · Views: 45
  • uke3b.jpg
    uke3b.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 45
:)) thanks. now if only I could get my voice back  :(

Long process, especially from a distance. Some progress, but I need to call and see if I can get the last step of the treatment here in Wyoming (instead of waiting until we get home and COVID restrictions are eased, so I can visit UCSF).

You look much happier holding the uke. 

Easy on the vocals.  Let the healing continue.  Even a healthy set of vocal cords can be injured. 

I hope the treatments are working for you.

Whenever the DW tunes in Family Feud In the motorhome I grab a guitar and go outside.

I've only had one neighbor who seemed to get upset.  (That's what I get for setting up near mom!)

You look much happier holding the uke.

The pics were a joke  ;)
Easy on the vocals.  Let the healing continue
I'm 100% in the hands of the experts at UCSF. No attempt by me to accelerate or bypass the process.

[quote author=8Muddypaws]I hope the treatments are working for you.[/quote]
Thanks Russ, but too soon to tell, especially since I haven't yet entered the final phase. FWIW I started down this path believing it was a vocal issue, possibly damage to the trachea through intubation during surgery. But the Vocal clinic at UCSF diagnosed a breathing issue (insufficient breath to support the singing voice), so they referred me to their pulmonology and allergy clinics (different campuses).

Several meds were changed (improved breathing), and they want me to have daily 2x/month injections. Had to first have allergy screening after we arrived here in WY.

I haven't yet entered the final phase.
Some light at the end of the tunnel. This evening I received a call from one of the Docs at UCSF. They're going ahead with one of two optional self-administered injections, but the high $$$$ is going to take some discussion with Medicare.

I'm told this medication has unbelievably positive results
daily injections
Correction - every two weeks, not daily.

Edit: Interesting response when I asked about 'live' patients; UCSF guidelines suggest that they won't be accepting in-person patients until January, 2021.

I thought your voice failed immediately after an op Tom? Is the pulmonary issue linked to that too?

Hopefully the injections do the trick!

Long story, long journey ...

[quote author=jackiemac]I thought your voice failed immediately after an op Tom?[/quote]
It did, more or less, which was why I thought it was likely damage to vocal cords &/or the trachea caused by intubation (the breathing tube). I'd seen it before, but always recovered. In retrospect, I struggled through a concert shortly after that (April, 2018), but things went downhill from there, and I haven't sung since. It was a long search through various ENT & other docs, and organizations that help professional singers, then a long wait to get into UCSF.

The vocal clinic at UCSF eventually diagnosed insufficient breath to support the notes, so on to the UCSF pulmonology clinic. They changed my meds and suggested adding the injections, but there was a concern over possible allergies, so on to the UCSF allergy clinic.

After several mis-steps at LabCorp in CA, I had lab work done after we arrived in Wyoming. But they didn't send the results to UCSF, so I was on the phone this morning.

Is the pulmonary issue linked to that too?
I've been asthmatic all my life, but it's never stopped me singing or being able to project.
Hopefully the injections do the trick!

The UCSF Doc told me (last evening) he has a second option if the injections don't work, but he needed the allergy testing results.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom