Recommendations on surge protector

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rvtravelers

Looking at purchasing a surge protector for my travel trailer. I need a 30 amp. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I've had the portable one from Progressive Industries for 2 years now and it's been awesome.  Get the model that protects against low power as well as high power spikes.  Had to call Customer Service one time due to "operator error," and the rep was awesome also. 

Linda

Yes, I swear by the Progressive EMS-PT30X.  Ever since our AC fried in an old campground with a sketchy power grid.  Thank goodness it was still under warranty!  Now I won't connect anywhere without it.  Protects against surges,  won't connect if there is anything not proper in the pedestal connection, and most importantly, disconnects you instantly when voltage goes too low or high, protecting your expensive AC and electronics.  A bit spendy, but IMO a mandatory investment to protect the REALLY expensive stuff. 

https://www.amazon.com/Portable-RV-Surge-Protector-EMS-PT30X/dp/B01N0W4CZ8?ref_=ast_slp_dp

I too would highly recommend the Progressive. The one I had just died 2 months ago and they replaced it free of charge. If I was you, I?d get the 50 amp. That way, if you up grade to a bigger RV and it?s 50 amp, you?ll be already be set up. Also you?ll be able to always use the 50 amp outlet at the campgrounds and all you?ll need is a 50 to 30 amp adapter. Progressive also sells them. They are pricey but they are really heavy duty. I keep on hand a 50 to 30 and a 30 to 50 which will cover any situation I may encounter.

Put me on the Progressive list too. I had a TRC Surge Guard but it failed for unknown reasons. I replaced it with a Progressive unit, which has worked well for years. TRC has since been sold, and I don't know anything about the quality of their latest products.

Kev 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom