Another old friend has passed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We had lunch with Pat and Jim at Cracker Barrel once and and DOGS are US once in Titusville. We also were with them when Tom was in Florida and stopped in at Jim's. Gary and Nancy Brink were there also. Had a nice picture of all of us but have no idea where to look for it. I have been thinking of looking him up sometime, but too late now. It is best not to wait. It has happened to me several times.

I remember that day Wayne. You and Judy drove in from West Melborne, and the Brinks came in by RV. Chris and I had driven up the coast by rental car and were staying in Cocoa Beach. We congregated in the Dicks' screen room, before venturing out for a picture not far from the alligators. Here's the picture I have from that day.

Most folks don't know our FL trip was looking to upgrade the boat. That day at TGO convinced Chris to say "I think we should upgrade the coach instead of the boat".

Attachments

• TGO.jpg
    TGO.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 57
As the news sunk in over the past few days, I realized that I immediately thought of the fun times, the high jinks, the shared jokes, and the shared adventures when I learned of Jim's death.  What a wonderful legacy to leave friends.  We're sad, yes, but also thankful for the precious (and at times extremely funny) memories we shared with Jim and Pat. 

For those of you who know Pat, is there anything we as a group/forum can do to offer support or condolences to her? I'm not sure if she is/was active at all here, but this thread seems like a great list of pleasant remembrances of Jim that she may enjoy reading at some point.

Several forum members are close friends, including Gary & Nancy. Other friends have been communicating via FB. Pat also has a number of family members who are close.

Just talked with Pat on the phone (I'd been holding off calling because she might have been inundated with calls). She's amazingly positive, and is fortunate to have family that came down. Don't know if it's totally hit her yet.

I don't think Pat ever posted on the RVForum - she says she is too digitally challenged for that.  I'll see that she gets a copy of the warm thoughts expressed here.

Thanks Gary. I let her know that her forum and FB friends were all thinking of her.

Thanks Gary. A very fitting obit for our wonderful friend.

Pat and I have been anguishing over this news and I have finally been able to acknowledge it.  We will miss Jim as we became friends with Jim and Pat and we especially enjoyed lunch with them when they were in Bozeman.  We still remember a lunch where the waitress we had take our picture was shocked at the fact we were 2 sets of Jim and Pat.

If you get any notification of a service for Jim, please let me know. We would like to attend. We recently attended a short service for a very close friend at the Cape Canaveral Veterans Cemetery, where he is to be interned.

Ned and I had many good times with them.  Jim will definitely be missed.  My sympathies to Pat and may Jim R.I.P.

Jerry and I are both in shock over this sad news.  We had great visits all over the country and have some wonderful memories of Jim and Pat.  Like Betty, I think it's time to shed a few tears.  We're sending virtual hugs to Pat.  Rest in peace, dear Jim.

Ardra and Jerry

Jim and Pat were good friends with the Nathans, but I don't have a current email address for Terry or Liliane.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom