Indiana RV dealer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sjscat

Hi,

Does anyone have knowledge of Ridge Trailer &RV in ColumbiaCity, IN?  I am to buy a trailer there and wanted any valid opinions about them before making an eight hour drive.

I thought it odd they do internet sales and do physical sales by appointment. They are a boba fide Heartland dealer though.

Thanks!

Not strange at all IMHO. They?re doing whatever it takes to not interact with anyone during these difficult times.

Doing in person by appointment means
1: you see the trailer before you buy and thus do not end up with "A pig in a Poke" as the saying goes

2: They can reduce/limit the number of people in the lot/showroom for COVID-19 control

You could always hop over to Elkhart and visit me :) (I'm at Gerber Collision getting some Red Tape cut (That's a literal pun) and there are a whole bunch of RV dealers here in Elhhart.

My local dealer in northwest Indiana is doing the same -- coming in to see the inventory is by appointment only.

Hi Sjscat,

I haven't heard anything bad about them. They are somewhat close to me.

The RV Center on Ind. 30 to the east of Columbia City is another story. Had them fix three things on my RV. They used cheap parts which I will probably have to replace in the near future. They worked on replacing my backup camera. I had to fix it when it fell off in the back. I put a solid piece of wood (after I painted it) and secure it so haven't had any problem since. The video part is simply stuck on with suction cup inside the cab that likes to fall off. The wires are loose and I had to secure them so they didn't interfer with driving. They should have mounted it as I requested. They farmed out my windshield wipers and they work on and off. They replaced my vents with ultra cheap replacement parts. Have had those break from the cheap aluminum they used. Ironically their prices weren't cheap!

I stored my RV there one time and watched the employee drive My RV reckless bouncing the RV off a curb as he drove across the road. They also closed a gate on my RV punching a small hole in it. They obviously don't care about their customers there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoeHoward
Back
Top Bottom