Bar J Chuckwagon Wranglers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Last evening we were introduced to Bar J Chuckwagon, outside Jackson Hole, WY. After a great BBQ "supper" served on old aluminum plates, we were treated to a wonderful show of old western trail and gospel music by the resident Wranglers.

https://www.barjchuckwagon.com

They did a good job of keeping us distanced, including the way they seated us. Teton County has a county wide mask requirement.

I've heard it is good Tom.  We have not tried it yet, we always seem to find other things to occupy our time.

Aye Jackie, we've been hearing about it every year we're up here in WY. Marsha Lassen went ahead and made reservations, and invited us to join them last evening.

FWIW there are signs throughout Jackson saying that Teton County has a county-wide mask requirement. Made it tough to eat the BBQ beef and beans  ???

We haven't been to that one, but the Flying W Wranglers near Colorado Springs and the Bar M just north of Moab offer similar experiences and are wonderful.

Thanks Larry. While in the covered line for check-in last evening, I saw a list of sister/related locations, but didn't pay attention to be able to recall where they were. Not sure how they're related, given that a big part of the pre-show intro was a recap of their 43 year history by the founder, and an explanation that the outfit is now managed by his two sons, both of whom are prominent in the show.

[quote author=Gary RV_Wizard]... I even have a video of one of their performances (purchased at the Bar J).[/quote]
I bought some of their DVDs. Today I saw that they have several YouTube videos, although a number of the "videos" are audio only. A few folks uploaded video clips that they shot at the show, but I've never figured out how folks think they can do that. Meanwhile, cell phone video/audio is, at best, poor. But they do give an idea of their show.

I saw one guy with a decent video camera setup, but I don't know if he intended to upload his video.

but I've never figured out how folks think they can do that.

Not all performers object to posting videos. At the Bar M my video taking was quite obvious to them and I think I recall one of them saying he hoped to see it on YouTube (he won't). In Branson one gentleman was a Marty Robins "tribute artist" and wanted my video on YouTube, though I've not posted it.

That being said, you have to be certain they allow it before you post, or you risk problems.

Here is another similar show in Durango, Co.  I thought the BAR D Old West Cowboy Music Show and Chuckwagon Supper was great.  The steak was good and the music was also.  If return I'll bring my camping chairs as the wood benches was more than my old backside :) could take.    http://www.bardchuckwagon.com/

If return I'll bring my camping chairs as the wood benches was more than my old backside :) could take.
:)) same here  :(

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom