Grease or no grease?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snoopy50

I have an older WDH. When I lock in the bars and take off, they grind and squeak something terrible. I can see the wear on the inside of the curve obviously but is there a solution to this? I thought about greasing them but not sure that would last more than a few miles. Nothing like pulling into a camp ground late or leaving very early and sounding like a screeching train coming through.

Ideas? suggestions?

Thanks.

Attachments

• 1 (2).jpg
    1 (2).jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 40
That is definitely an issue I rather have to deal with. I was also wondering if some type of graphite would work for any length of time.

The cycle of greasing, cleaning and re-greasing the Cupler and the ball on a bumper hitch, the weight distributing bar pivots and the king pin on a fifth wheel and are part of the ?cost? in our applied effort as owners of these types of units.

Neglect of those efforts results in additional costs down the road, only some of which are annoying sounds.

I'm a fan of grease.  Easy enough, rag off old, rubber glove, grease the new.  I store my greased wdh parts in old plastic grocery bags to avoid getting grease all over during storage. 

Clean and grease as needed. Maintenance bites but its part of life. I remember not to long ago a friend pulled up on his bicycle. The chain was rusted with no visable lubricant. The idea was that oil would attract dirt and wear the chain and gears out. Took awhile to get that theory straightened out but the next time I saw him the chain was lubed. I didnt try to explain that it will need to be degreased and relubed. Its the way it is.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom