Slight Slope on Driveway

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dnr733

Still new to this world and actually waiting on our WolfPup16FQ.
Anyway, we have a slight slope on our driveway.  Maybe 8-10 degrees.  I don't have an issue leaving it there for even a couple weeks.
My question is in regards to the fridge and possibly anything else when prepping to leave.  So does the trailer have to be 100% in balance to have the fridge run properly?
If so, is there a rule of thumb on how much of a slope you can balance out without putting too much pressure on one end?

Any other thoughts and suggestions are truly appreciated.

Dan

I think you'll find that LP fridge manufacturers specify that the RV be within 6 degrees of level, fore and aft and 3 degrees of level, side to side when operating the fridge.

Kev

I do think i could get within those dimensions rather easily.  Again, it's not a huge slope.  But I am a newbie and trying to be safe about it.

Best to have the RV level if your going to run the refer.  If the refer is off it makes no difference.

Keep in mind that the higher you raise the front the more 'wiggly' the trailer is going to be as you walk around in it.  Wheel chocks are very important.  (Says the guy who watched a trailer roll 3 feet down a hill and destroy the tongue jack in the process.  It could have been much worse.)

The older refrigerators were much more sensitive to being on a slope.  If you are buying new or nearly new, you can park on quite a slope and not damage your refrigerator.  Don't go by what a dealer or even a salesperson told you!!  Check out the instruction manual or look up the manufacturer online with the model number. 

Frankly, I have been parked with my refrigerator running just fine at an angle that made it hard to sleep in bed!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom