Emergency Exit Window

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Seon

While reading on another forum about emergency exit window, I decided to open the one on my trailer.  Lo and behold, it was stuck shut, even pushing it very hard it wouldn't open.  Using a plastic pry bar that I inserted around under the exterior frame of the the window finally broke it loose.
Now it opens easily.  Probably was never opened from the factory by the PO.

DW and I would have been in deep Kimche had I not tried opening that exit window.

Recommend to all to check your emergency exit window that it opens easily.

Good advice. Along with that, check charge level of fire extinguisher and proper operation, fresh batteries in smoke, co, propane detectors.

I have twice had the striker bolt on my )@!(#$*!@# Tri-mark door latch break and lock me in so I've used the window exit several times.. I'm 6'2" by 300 pounds shower weight so I'm not what you'd call a "Petite"

But before I removed the couch I could be out the front E-Exit in seconds and I can still do the rear one fast.

John From Detroit said:
I have twice had the striker bolt on my )@!(#$*!@# Tri-mark door latch break and lock me in so I've used the window exit several times.. I'm 6'2" by 300 pounds shower weight so I'm not what you'd call a "Petite"

But before I removed the couch I could be out the front E-Exit in seconds and I can still do the rear one fast.

Our TT is only 17?. The windows are quite small.

I opened the emergency escape window last year. It wouldn't close, and after messing with it a little while the window shattered. It cost me over $900 to get it replaced. I now consider emergency exits as only for emergencies and have made up my mind to never open it again.

Note that many newer Newmar motorhomes have an exit door, some of the latest including a ladder with it. That was a major factor in our choice of rig.

In addition to instructing my DW how to open the emergency window I pointed where the Fire Extinguisher that's located at the door entrance. I showed her how to remove it from the mounting bracket, pull the pin and point at the base of the fire and to my surprise it didn't have a pressure gauge. WHAT!!??
So I drove to town and bought two, one to replace the existing and the second which I mounted in the bedroom. 

We keep a fire extinguisher in the rear bedroom so if it won't open I'll use it to break the window. Trying to get out my wife would break her neck. If you say I should go out first and help her down you haven't met my wife. If there was a fire she wouldn't wait for me to break the glass before she dove thru it.

If anyone is looking for fire extinguishers, Home Depot has a two-pack of the usual sized ABC extinguishers for $29.97.  I just picked up a set - one for the home workbench and the other for a second one in the coach.  Mounted it in the bedroom, as the only one I had comes mounted by the entry door.  I figured that if there is a fire at night, I have more options available having an extinguisher right by the bed.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Kidde-1-A-10-B-C-Recreational-Fire-Extinguisher-2-Pack-21029309/303196148

FunSteak said:
If anyone is looking for fire extinguishers, Home Depot has a two-pack of the usual sized ABC extinguishers for $29.97.  I just picked up a set - one for the home workbench and the other for a second one in the coach.  Mounted it in the bedroom, as the only one I had comes mounted by the entry door.  I figured that if there is a fire at night, I have more options available having an extinguisher right by the bed.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Kidde-1-A-10-B-C-Recreational-Fire-Extinguisher-2-Pack-21029309/303196148

That?s a great deal. If I didn?t have so many around my house, I?d pick up a set. 
This would be a good time for everyone to check their pressure guages and at the same time replace the batteries in their smoke detectors. Everyone be safe.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom