rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Oscar Sherer State Park, Osprey, FL  (Read 293 times)

AnRVAndADog

• ---
  • AnRVAndADog
    • An RV And A Dog
Oscar Sherer State Park, Osprey, FL
« on: September 08, 2020, 02:52:38 PM »
Absolutely beautiful, classic Florida beautiful. Many problems with this particular State Park but we enjoyed ourselves anyway. Smokin' great WiFi. (And another Defensive episode at the end.)

Got hassled checking in... Truck's license plate, Trailer's license plate, wife's name, age, dog's breed, weight... C'mon lady! I'm not trying to gain access to the freaking White House, I'm just camping!

Then speed bumps in the campground, very small sites, picnic table on the wrong side of the rig, water about 50 yards away, trash dumpster a mile away, etc. But this place is sooo beautiful I still recommend checking it out. (We won't be back.)

Video: https://youtu.be/UbIc3SZT3Eg
2019 Ford F-150, V8, Max Tow Package
2020 Grand Design Imagine 2970RL
Equalizer Anti-Sway Weight Distribution Hitch
Retired this: 2004 Winnebago Adventurer 33V

JackL

• ---
Re: Oscar Sherer State Park, Osprey, FL
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2020, 04:21:10 PM »
Speed bumps are good in the camp ground. It keeps the speeders from speeding and I am all for that..
 That state  park was originally made for small trailers.
 May be you should think of going to a luxury Motor Home RV park

Jack L

Oldgator73

• ---
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2020, 05:20:39 PM »
Thatís a pretty strange recommendation. It is typical Florida landscape. I grew up in Fl. Left in 1975 and not going back. If you like sand nats, mosquitoes, snakes, spiders, and hot, humid weather then by all means go.
Retired Air Force
Retired DoD Chief, Education & Training
2016 Winnie Drop
2016 Nissan Frontier
1952 Wife
Do you know the difference between Education and Training: Would you rather your daughter take sex Education or sex Training?

AnRVAndADog

• ---
  • AnRVAndADog
    • An RV And A Dog
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2020, 10:13:07 AM »
Speed bumps are good in the camp ground. It keeps the speeders from speeding and I am all for that..
 That state  park was originally made for small trailers.
 May be you should think of going to a luxury Motor Home RV park
Jack L

Nobody speeds on narrow roads in a State Park. If it was "originally made for small trailers" they should say so... RVing for us is almost exclusively about hiking. If I could find a luxury Motor Home RV park near a State Park where we want to go hiking I'd jump on it!

AnRVAndADog

• ---
  • AnRVAndADog
    • An RV And A Dog
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2020, 10:20:07 AM »
Thatís a pretty strange recommendation. It is typical Florida landscape. I grew up in Fl. Left in 1975 and not going back. If you like sand nats, mosquitoes, snakes, spiders, and hot, humid weather then by all means go.

We live here! We don't RV during the hottest months. Otherwise we've never had an issue with nats, mosquitos, other bugs, snakes, spiders, etc. Hot & humid weather (not counting the hottest and most humid months) are something we welcome.

"Typical Florida landscape" is hilarious. There's no such thing. Big differences between North Florida, Central Florida and South Florida. Between Coastal Florida and Inland Florida. And between Florida and anywhere else on our planet. No place is perfect but Florida is very close.

ChasA

• ---
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2020, 05:47:43 PM »
Gnats.
Apex, NC
2010 Winnebago journey Express 34Y
2018 Ford Edge SEL
Air Force One towed brakes
Blue Ox towed setup

Old_Crow

• ---
  • Phormer Phantom Phixer
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2020, 08:00:01 AM »
Nobody speeds on narrow roads in a State Park. If it was "originally made for small trailers" they should say so... RVing for us is almost exclusively about hiking. If I could find a luxury Motor Home RV park near a State Park where we want to go hiking I'd jump on it!

Tell that to the people who frequent the campgrounds I manage.  I fully intend to have a speed bump installed at the host site of the one where I park next year.  A lot of jerks come by the host site at 25mph or more on a road that is clearly marked 10mph. 
All our campgrounds are marked for size of campers, but you'd be amazed at the number of people who ignore a sign that says "RV's over 25' Not Recommended  Proceed at Your Own Risk" and then come complaining to the host because the tail end of their 35' motor home swung out on a turn and hit a tree.
Wally Crow
Retired 30+ year ASE Master Auto Tech
Y2K Bounder 36S F53   "Kobayashi Maru"
'03 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
FMCA F494768

"Well, my time of not taking you seriously is coming to a middle."

JackL

• ---
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2020, 09:23:49 AM »
Tell that to the people who frequent the campgrounds I manage.  I fully intend to have a speed bump installed at the host site of the one where I park next year.  A lot of jerks come by the host site at 25mph or more on a road that is clearly marked 10mph. 
All our campgrounds are marked for size of campers, but you'd be amazed at the number of people who ignore a sign that says "RV's over 25' Not Recommended  Proceed at Your Own Risk" and then come complaining to the host because the tail end of their 35' motor home swung out on a turn and hit a tree.

Agree 100%
 We own our own site and every thing you say above is exactly what we see.
 The site across from ours is a rental site and is way to small for the large motor homes and fifth wheels to  get into with out tearing up the front of my property.
I finally had to put some posts with cable strung between them and believe it or not, they even hit the posts and move them. When I speak to them about it, it is never their fault, it is "the road should be wider"

Jack L