Heavy smoke in Eugene, OR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ken & Sheila

Site Team
Smoke and ash rolled in night before last and is predicted to stay until the winds shift Thursday. We move from Guaranty RV Park in Junction City to Premier RV Park in Coburg yesterday. The ground at the TA in Coburg had like a cinder covering over the pavement. Made a mess when I went back in the Motorhome. When we arrived at Premier yesterday they said they came into to find a line of RVs waiting that had to evacuate from a fire east of here.

ken

I just pulled into Brookings OR yesterday. Heavy smoke here too. Started to clear around sunset, but is back even heavier this morning. Looks like night time outside at 8 AM.

Heavy smoke and ash fall in Sutherlin, also.  We are still at Evac Level 1 (get ready) and our car is packed in case we get to GO. 

See that you have all that cleared off in a few days,hear??... We will be coming thru there at about the 31st on I5 northbound on
our way to Bainbridge Island, Wa. .>>>Dan 8)

Stay safe everyone, and double check your vehicle air filters.  That ash can't be good for them.

My neighbor in CA called last evening and  talked about the heat and the smoke. He told me we should stay in WY and he'd call when the temperature dropped and the smoke went away. I said "that might be a long time".

We were evacuated yesterday (mandatory) as we live southwest of Molalla where there are several fires.  A neighbor caught 2 arsonists on their property up in the timber land last night .. they drove away but plates and description was called into 911.  There are reports of looting in areas that are evacuated.  The town of Detroit is gone.

I'm thankful we have an RV.  We were able to stay with relatives who live 15 miles west of us.

Thanks to the person who suggested I need to check my air filters.  Yes there is a lot of ash and soot in the air.

Basically everywhere west of US97 is shrouded in smoke.  Will continue to be smoked in at least theu the weekend.

Regarding Molalla....

The entire town was evacuated this afternoon.  In our case we were fortunate to have an RV and a relative about 15 miles to the west where we could park. 

Clackamas Community College in Oregon City was open for RVers to camp - but now they are being asked to leave because the fire risk is spreading in that area.  My employer is located in Oregon City.  A few hours ago we packed up the Data Center (computer hardware) to take to an offsite location.   

The good news is that tons of people volunteering to help, whether it be to fight the fires or to lend aid to a neighbor.  There is an outpouring of community spirit.

We have a fairly large slab next to the garage with 15A power for anyone that needs it for a few days.  Were on a well, so water is out unless you dont mind arsnick.  Yea,,its wide enough to accomodate slides.

Back
Top Bottom