New to RV?ing and remodeling before first trip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

free2bme801

We are about three weeks into a remodel of our first RV, a 36? 1998 Fleetwood DP, Knowing full-well it was a fixer-upper, but things are really moving along on the learning curve of how all the systems in the RV work, as well as making it comfortable for us, (actually for the wife?s aesthetic taste). It was really tempting to jump-in and go out for a quick trip, as soon as we had keys and it was licensed, but cooler heads prevailed, and I acquiesced to an interior remodel, and new furniture first.
Sitting in our driveway all this time, painting, replacing lights, switches, flooring, toilet gasket, etc, has really provided a tutorial on how everything works, or doesn?t as the case may be.
I offer a big thanks, for all of the info, and helpful tips I have found here. I spent 20 years in the USAF, with training in diesel mechanics, studied electronics in college, and grew up in a family of carpenters and trades-people, but the tips and ideas found here, are a real short-cut to solving everyday problems in RV living, and greatly appreciated.
A smooth running Reliable engine, good tires, and smooth riding chassis, are essential, but, Happy Wife, Happy Life? might be the key to ?Good RV??ing?

Go for it and make it your own. You will enjoy the camping experience way more if it is setup to your needs and style. We have made a lot of changes to the interior of ours with tons more planned. The longer you use it the more you will see practical changes like increasing counter space, different furniture, or organizing the basement compartments.

I was on the roof (EPDM) before I made completed walking around the exterior, and surprisingly, found things in good shape, did not see any evidence of leaks inside, and recently confirmed by 4 days of rain. I have been reviewing the comments and experiences of others in the forum regarding roof repair and resealing, for a future project. Just because it isn?t leaking now, doesn?t mean it won?t after more exposure and bouncing along.

Back
Top Bottom