rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Tesla building 56 stall Supercharger in Cal. 38 stalls are pull thru for towing.  (Read 116 times)

John and Angela

• ---
Looks like Tesla is building a 56 stall supercharger with 38 pull thru stalls for towing. As well there will be 9 stalls for non Tesla DC fast charging. CCS and Chademo???  There will also be a restaurant, a convenience store and lounge. This is supposedly a V3 supercharger meaning it will be primarily V3 at 250 KW per stall.

https://electrek.co/2020/09/15/tesla-building-new-worlds-largest-supercharger-station/

Arch Hoagland

• ---
  • Clovis CA
Firebaugh, California ?

Great place for a big charging station. Not.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36 DBD
W22, 8.1 gas,  Allison 1000 Transmission
7.1 MPG over 90,000 miles

2000 Lexus RX300, 4020lb
U.S. Gear Braking System

John and Angela

• ---
Firebaugh, California ?

I donít the area. I was under the impression it is on kind of a side highway off of I5. Whatís the scoop.

John and Angela

• ---
Firebaugh, California ?

Did a little digging on TMC. Firebaugh wasnít chosen as it is halfway between Sacramento and LA. There are already to Superchargers within 50 miles in either direction on I5. Kettleman and Harris Ranch. Both of those are also quite big. Kettleman is primarily V2 though so max 150 KW. Firebaugh is apparently going to incorporate existing businesses and restaurants so it is more like a European style rest stop.

On long weekends Kettleman and Harris Ranch can get quite congested. This should help with that as it will be a V3 stop. There are a ton of Teslaís commuting between LA, Sacramento and Frisco. And more everyday. This will help with those as well as non Tesla EVís as they will have 9 non Tesla fast charge points as well.